Best Bang For Your Buck Gear!!! Post the best gear you've found that was C & C!!

OzarkTom

I actually have the Metrum Octave and also reviewed it. Seeing the Quad merely subtracts two chips per channel but can be run off the same power supply, the sound of the cheaper unit will be quite similar as it's based on the very same topology. Whereas eclein gets my intent, JohnR as usual has issues. So be it.  :roll:

So how does the Metrum stack up to the Burson DA-160?

So many Dac companies out there, it seems everybody and their brother is making one.

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
That comparison will be made in the pending Burson DA-160 review -:)

OzarkTom

That comparison will be made in the pending Burson DA-160 review -:)

What is the tentative date for that review? Thanks Srajan!

JohnR

Oh. I wasn't anticipating that this was going to get personal. Care to explain?

Wouldn't mind an answer to this one...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Yeah, I think JohnR is right.  By "finding" something I take it to mean you've bought it or have direct experience with it, not just looked at the topology or simply read about it.  Pointing out great deals also falls under that category.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
The gentleman reviewed it for a publication, as the OP'er I would say that qualifies. I enjoy hearing about cool inexpensive gear that sounds great, surprisingly good or just great. So my intent with the thread was to get folks who have heard, or purchased these treasures to share with all of us, especially the new folks because they are just starting like I was at one time and I would have loved to have seen a thread like this.
 Whatever else is happening I'll leave to whomever..... :thumb: