MB-100 Monoblocks (aka Le Amp) are available

cannonball

MB-100 Monoblocks (aka Le Amp) are available
« on: 27 Jan 2011, 07:48 pm »
I thought I would pass this on to everyone. I was on the phone with Curt Wishman (designer of the MB-100 aka Le Amp) about fixing my Le Amp that blew do to static electricity. He mentioned to me that he has 30-40 amps left at his factory in North Carolina. He also said he would honor the intro price of $269 each/$538 pair. Fatastic price for a great amp. Doubt you could find a better amp for the money. I love mine. I might buy another pair. He only has amps with the black faceplate. I am not affiliated with IRD just wanted to pass this on.

Here is his contact information:
Curt Wishman
ph  (704) 676-5015 (11am-7pm M-F  ET)
fax (888) 453-0538
Curt@IRDaudio.com

Johng316

Re: MB-100 Monoblocks (aka Le Amp) are available
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2011, 08:08 pm »
I bought a pair of Le-Aps (same thing basically) with silver faceplate several years ago.  They are built like tanks with heavy cases, heavy feet, and heavy guts.  Very very nice-sounding amps if you want to make a move into separates. 

Just a happy user, not affiliated with Curt or anyone else.

John

MikeCTM2

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2011, 11:47 pm »
There it is!   I have 4 of these!   still love 'em.    i emailed Curt today and they're still available

xsb7244

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2011, 06:42 pm »
What happened to Curt Wishman and IRD audio?  Will we ever see the Purist preamp or the MB-250 power amp?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2011, 07:40 pm »
Wow. The prices sure are tempting. And he is local, right here in Charlotte, NC.

Anand.

rodge827

« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2011, 09:02 pm »
What happened to Curt Wishman and IRD audio?  Will we ever see the Purist preamp or the MB-250 power amp?

Curts' business partner and close friend, who ran things for him stateside, passed away suddenly a couple of years ago. Curt had to move his family and base of operations back to the US. It was a major undertaking for him to do this and he is spread pretty thin at the moment. Audio is only a small part of his business and all R&D on new audio related products were halted. He might resume the audio end of things someday, but for now this is it.
Personaly I hope he does get back in the audio game. His products were to notch and priced well too. 

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2011, 09:19 pm »
Wow, a blast from the past!  I'm glad to hear Curt is still doing well and wish him all the best.  These are really nice amps and a bargain at this price.  I hope he gets things sorted out and gets back in the audio business.  He was always a very solid guy.

I haven't heard IRD amps in a long time but they had a great reputation back in the day.  He should have no problem selling them at this price.

kwkwsr1000

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2012, 03:06 pm »
I got a pair of black MB- 100's from Curt a couple of days ago. With only about twenty five
hours of burn in time, I'm very impressed with these amps. I talked with curt a couple of times via phone, he's a very pleasant guy to converse with. He said the MB 100 is a perfect match with the Purist pre amp.

tkp

« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2012, 01:33 pm »
Both the MB-100 and the Purist are excellent product, especially the Purist.  Beside great value/performance, what most people do not realize is how solidly built they are.  Curt built things to last. 

Personally, the Purist impressed me more than any products that I have owned to date.  For $ 665.00 shipped, it has laddered stepped attennuators.  Most expensive high end preamps use a pot.  It also has independent dual buffered output which allow driving the subwoofer seperately without sharing with the output that drive the main amp. and other useful feature such as the pink noise generator.

I do hope that Curt will get back into audio some day (before I get too old.  LOL) because he put out great products at excellent price.  The fact that I still have both the MB-100 and the Purist after all these years that should tell you some thing.

smfins

« Reply #9 on: 6 May 2012, 04:26 am »
Does anyone know if these amps are still available? thanks

fredgarvin