How do you make a burger?

Eric

Re: How do you make a burger?
« Reply #40 on: 24 Jun 2008, 04:37 pm »
I actually buy a chuck roast and have my butcher grind it for me (medium grind). I then grill them over direct heat for a sear, then indirect to finish them. Only seasoning is a little salt and pepper.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 25 Jun 2008, 05:35 pm »
#1 Buy yourself a nice fatty roast a cut it in 1" cubes.
#2 Buy a roll pre-ground spicy breakfast sausage. Cube the roll in 1"
#3 Using a 1:1 ratio, grind them together in meat grinder and make your patties from these.  aa

Of course you can add Kosher salt, or freshly ground black pepper during the grind. Yea baby...... 8)

Bob

Thebiker

« Reply #42 on: 25 Jun 2008, 06:44 pm »
Yo, SYG,
Meatloaf is when I mix ground beef, pork and lamb.  Then add the egg, onion etc.  But that just MHO.  I just cook what I like and don't qualify in the "chef league".  I'm just an amateur having fun and eating well!

After all, the question was "How do you make a burger?"  That's how I do it.  My grill, my rules :rotflmao:

some young guy

« Reply #43 on: 25 Jun 2008, 06:59 pm »
Yo, SYG,
Meatload is when I mix ground beef, pork and lamb.  Then add the egg, onion etc.  But that just MHO.  I just cook what I like and don't qualify in the "chef league".  I'm just an amateur having fun and eating well!

After all, the question was "How do you make a burger?"  That's how I do it.  My grill, my rules :rotflmao:
I've never even heard of "meatload" before. If you're referring to meatloaf, you can obviously make it however you'd like. I'm sure it's delicious. But the fact is; when you add egg to the mix, it's not a burger anymore... it's meatloaf. This is not just my opinion.

Thebiker

« Reply #44 on: 25 Jun 2008, 07:05 pm »
OK, bust 'em for a keystroke error :lol:

In that case, my meatloaf burgers rock  :thumb:

Walt