Converting LeAmps to 220V

tmd

« on: 9 Oct 2003, 09:47 pm »
Hi Curt,
I hope you don't mind me asking about the Norh product. I have a pair of LeAmps and wondered how I can go about this. I guess the transformers aren't dual primary, so I will have to replace them.
Can you give me the specs of the transformer and I will investigate the cost of a pair of them in Ireland. I have been using a 220 - 110V step down transformer but it is cumbersome and I would like to be rid of it.
Thanks, Neil.

tkp

« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2003, 12:09 am »
tmd,

The transformer inside LA has dual primary which are connected in parrallel for 120V AC input and series for 240V AC input.  Curt should be able to send you a diagram showing how the wire should be connected (color coded) so you should not have to buy any thing.

Curt

Re: Converting LeAmps to 220V
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2003, 09:15 am »
Quote from: tmd
Hi Curt,
I hope you don't mind me asking about the Norh product. I have a pair of LeAmps and wondered how I can go about this. I guess the transformers aren't dual primary, so I will have to replace them.
Can you give me the specs of the transformer and I will investigate the cost of a pair of them in Ireland. I have been using a 220 - 110V step down transformer but it is cumbersome and I would like to be rid of it.
Thanks, Neil.

Hi Neil,

No problem, the LeAmp is an MB-100, built in our factory, the same as we sell today. We service them and support them (direct at IRD) for life.

All MB-100s have international dual primaries, we sell in more than 15 countries and can easily change between 110-120 to 220-240V just as tkp pointed out. It's about a 30 minute job.

We can change the wiring for you in our Charlotte NC service center, we do this for free for all customers that move to another AC zone, or I can send you directions and you can do it yourself. The choice is yours.

If we do it in Charlotte you also get a free check-up to 100% confirm all the original factory specs. This may be a good thing if you will be going some where far from IRD service.

Drop me an e-mail < curt@ird-thailand.com > and I'll get you squared away. I look forward to hearing from you.

* Thanks tkp for the assistance

tmd

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2003, 10:31 pm »
Thanks Curt and tkp for the help. An email has been sent.
Neil.