"Saga" @ Jeff Healey's Roadhouse tonight

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
"Saga" @ Jeff Healey's Roadhouse tonight
« on: 6 Oct 2007, 09:03 pm »
Anyone going to see their 30th anniversary show down there tonight?  I'm going to head downtown tonight, and if they're selling tickets at the door, I'm definitely going to see them.   :thumb:

I used to really dig these guys when I was a youngster.

Cheers

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
Re: "Saga" @ Jeff Healey's Roadhouse tonight
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2007, 04:42 pm »
Well, I made it to the show last night.   :P  I have to say that it was "alright". Saga is not a band that translates well to a club environment with a tiny stage, and columns in the way that separate the sound system speakers.

But it was good to see them up close. The vocals were pretty good considering the age that these guys are at, and the ranges they must sing in. The rest of the band was pretty tight as well. They had a last minute substitute drummer filling in for their regular drummer, and he did a great job. He knew the songs front to back.  :thumb:

I think this was the launch of their 30th anniversary tour. I'd like to see them after they toured a little and gotten some of the cobwebs cleared away.

I'm still glad I got to check them off my "seen them play live" list.  :thumb:

Cheers

mca

Re: "Saga" @ Jeff Healey's Roadhouse tonight
« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2007, 04:47 pm »
I liked Saga back in the day, glad to hear they are still around. Is this place actually owned by Jeff Healey? I have seen Jeff live four times and was blown away every time  :o