AV123 Forum not available?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: AV123 Forum not available?
« Reply #480 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:37 am »
Guess we'll never see that 2nd letter here huh? Oh well, I don't watch soap operas all that much anyways nor do i hang out in "cry in your beer" bars but it was fun watching this crew while it lasted. :lol:

See ya'all next time. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

The 2nd part of the letter is up, at least as best as I can tell.  It's an addendum to the original post.  We'll have to see how some of the changes to the forum work. 

Where?

musicman06

« Reply #481 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:56 am »

The 2nd part of the letter is up, at least as best as I can tell.  It's an addendum to the original post.  We'll have to see how some of the changes to the forum work. 

Where?

In the Loudspeakers section in the stickied letter from MLS thread... added to the original post. Looks like part 3 will be the one that makes or breaks it for me. Part 2 is just forum talk. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #482 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:57 am »

Where?

In the Loudspeakers section in the stickied letter from MLS thread... added to the original post. Looks like part 3 will be the one that makes or breaks it for me. Part 2 is just forum talk. 
[/quote]

Thanks.

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
« Reply #483 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:59 am »
Guess we'll never see that 2nd letter here huh? Oh well, I don't watch soap operas all that much anyways nor do i hang out in "cry in your beer" bars but it was fun watching this crew while it lasted. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Where?

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=38849

tex-amp

« Reply #484 on: 10 Dec 2008, 05:02 am »
Much to their surprise they had become a company that people LOVED to HATE…

How typical.  Anyone being critical about anything about MLS or AV123 actions has it in for AV123. Pretty standard spin for AV123.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #485 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:15 am »
Mls must have unhuman charisma as many men who meet him seem to fall under his spell and love him.  There are a number of the most fervent fans who really seem to be in love with him.  I've been wondering about this  :scratch:...  He's certainly an interesting character.  There are flashes of brilliance and he seems capable of great empathy.  He seems to have great people skills and is a superb salesman.  On the other hand he seems to be gullible, insincere on occasion, melodramatic and erratic.   If he could play the clarinet he would be Woody Allen :lol:.

I get the impression that we are witnessing his therapy in real time...

Bottom line is : buy only speakers if they are in stock...

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #486 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:17 am »

Cheers,
Robin
I would add to this but I don't want SD to get an over inflated appreciation of himself :D...

I like it here. I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon  8)

Slush

This is good,,, I love your album picks and have been tweeking my library so please do stick around. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

I would add to this but I don't want SD to get an over inflated appreciation of himself :D...

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #487 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:31 am »
I'd like to understand more about why a "social network" is a bad thing...seems to me that's what they were shooting for, with their own postings and behavior as the prime example...

Genuine curiosity question here, not av123 bashing...

Good question.  Maybe it just brings a lot of idlers around who have nothing better to do than to scrutinize your every move.  If it was just a corporate site I would only go there when I wanted specific information about a product or when I had a complaint or something.  As it is I go to av123 everyday and have the time  and the inclination to comment on product, business model , personality (see above :wink:), employees .  It basically becomes a fishbowl. 

Mind you it has served them well in the past and now they object to it because they are getting more criticism for problems.  It would be interesting to know if there are more problems as a percentage of overall product or,  the percentage is the same but in absolute numbers there are more problems just because they are producing more.  On the forum, if complaints are tripled because production has tripled, it looks like a big quality control issue whereas in reality things haven't changed.

Just speculating.  Maybe we could have prize for best speculation? :D

MaxCast

« Reply #488 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:31 pm »
Maybe it just brings a lot of idlers around who have nothing better to do than to scrutinize your every move.
curious.  I feel a little irony or deja-vu going on.  Wink2

musicmaniac

« Reply #489 on: 10 Dec 2008, 01:15 pm »

Where?

Thanks.

[/quote]

What a waste of time reading that synopsis. Tell us something we don't already know and when you're going to ship our stuff.  :duh:

arthurs

« Reply #490 on: 10 Dec 2008, 02:09 pm »

Where?

Thanks.

What a waste of time reading that synopsis. Tell us something we don't already know and when you're going to ship our stuff.  :duh:
[/quote]

Boy I sure agree.  After going silent for some time, and if you look at the length of time (start to finish) it took to pull together both letters, more than ample to come out with a plan that addresses all product line issues and delays, even if some of the answers would not be great news, could have put an end to speculation and crafted a deliverable plan to right the ship...I really think that's what people are waiting to hear, and it continues to not be delivered...

620gold

« Reply #491 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:35 pm »
What did everybody expect........a revelation? I think it was Cab who said it best about MLS's modus operandi. Folks, I hate to be the pile on guy but this is nothing new from the Sheriff. You either like the way he does business or you don't.

Just prior to being banned at AV123 on Friday the 5th, I told CS that he sounded like a broken record. I also wrote what my Grandmother used to say about any given situation. She'd say "It's always something".........and folks, it will always be something at AV123. Maybe that's what makes the place.....the drama if you will. You live with that or you don't. MLS won't change. He likes flying by the seat of his pants. Remember, it's the ride. Sos dd. Now I'm off to the chiropractor like MLS.............if you're interested.

myaudiocd

« Reply #492 on: 10 Dec 2008, 03:38 pm »
It sure does feel like the many, many of us saying the problems are within the company, not the forum, went unheard.
And that, really, is the problem. They don't seem to be truly listening.
o well....maybe in part 3.

flip

« Reply #493 on: 10 Dec 2008, 04:04 pm »
So, I'm not going crazy. I thought I remembered that, one point of the letters was relevant info concerning the LS's, A and B stock. That is the only reason I kept waiting for them. Never been involved with a business situation like this. I don't think using the forum for delivery information and complaints was ever the way to do things, but I've had no success doing things through proper channels. Either no info, or statements which turn out not to be true, with no follow up. So, I am pathetically reduced to forum involvement to get any tiny scrap of info. Big fan for the last 4 years, many speakers down the road, and would never recommend them to any one. The one hook here is speaker value and it leaves conflicted.

Hope that changes. Wish nothing but good for av123, but...............

620gold

« Reply #494 on: 10 Dec 2008, 04:28 pm »
Flip, it's a deliberate strategy called bait and hook.

Digital Ra

« Reply #495 on: 10 Dec 2008, 05:27 pm »
I consider myself to be a satisfied customer of AV123 for the most part as I've been fortunate and had only few issues.  Having said that I do not understand what the purpose of these "letters" are as they really address little to nothing that anybody is really concerned with.  At times they simply seem like the only thing they are doing is fulfilling the need to hear one's self speak....so to speak.

We waited how many days for this???  I don't get it!  Once the issues at hand are addressed the problems will greatly decrease IMO.

arthurs

« Reply #496 on: 10 Dec 2008, 05:41 pm »
If I were in this situation I would be communicating directly with customers, whose information I have by the way, with solutions and commitments to resolve their specific issues, whatever the nature, timing, quality, refunds, etc.  Not taking the broadest brush to issues (if that ever gets done in part whatever of the letter) in a forum.  This method of broadcast addressing of issues is bound to leave multiple customers wondering about specifics related to their situation and cause even more posting and call traffic than if you proactively did the communication directly to them with concrete solutions.

Meet with my Moderators and give them marching orders on how to manage their respective parts of the forum and do a single policy announcement, then walk away and let them manage to it.

flip

« Reply #497 on: 10 Dec 2008, 06:52 pm »
I don't understand either. About the bait and switch...has crossed my mind, but don't think anyone is being that devious. On the other hand, there has been a definite repeated pattern of responding to simple customer request with long winded explanations that dont' mean anything to the quizzical customer base. I understand the LS9 folks wanting to know. It's been a long time for them. The poor LS b stock folks paid for speakers that the cabinets were already built back in March. These weren't in the development stage. By my uninformed estimate, that leave about 16 to 32 hours labor left to apply finish, install electronics, and package. I know there is more to it than that, but 9 months with no word or just misinformation. ????????? Now, blaming forum behaivor??

SlushPuppy

« Reply #498 on: 10 Dec 2008, 07:50 pm »

This is good,,, I love your album picks and have been tweeking my library so please do stick around. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

I have to admit that I have been exposed to some excellent tunes from SlushPuppy's picks.  He has a very eclectic taste in music, and has expanded my listening habits.

I have also enjoyed getting a glimpse of lots of artists from SlushPuppy.  I have to ask though - is there any music you don't like?  :D

Thanks guys. You can thank Amazon and that section on every page that says "Customers who bought this item also bought". I've been hooked ever since I first clicked it. I found most of my obscure discs that way. It's amazing how quickly you find yourself in a different musical genre.

Droht,
I got rid of all the stuff in my collection that I didn't like/listen to any more (roughly 400 discs). I now have +/- 1000 discs, and I listen to all of them. If something is in my collection these days, I like it. There was a time when I collected just for the sake of collecting, but now I only keep what I like. But yeah, I do tend to rave a lot about what I'm listening to at the moment  :oops: Can't help myself, I love good music.

If all goes well I'll get my speakers unpacked this week and REALLY get back to listening.

Take care,

Slush

musicmaniac

« Reply #499 on: 10 Dec 2008, 08:15 pm »
I consider myself to be a satisfied customer of AV123 for the most part as I've been fortunate and had only few issues.  Having said that I do not understand what the purpose of these "letters" are as they really address little to nothing that anybody is really concerned with.  At times they simply seem like the only thing they are doing is fulfilling the need to hear one's self speak....so to speak.

We waited how many days for this???  I don't get it!  Once the issues at hand are addressed the problems will greatly decrease IMO.

Thank you, I thought it was just me.  :duh: