Help me choose a new CD Player

spinner

Re: Help me choose a new CD Player
« Reply #40 on: 2 Mar 2012, 09:44 pm »
 I think the budget was $1000. I agree if possible, the cd1 will be the end of the line. This is why I have a spare unit.  I think they're ceasing production this month.....Bryston said they are down to around 15 . :bomb:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #41 on: 2 Mar 2012, 09:56 pm »
If you are serious and can afford it  get the Bryston BCD1 .

Just 'cuz the man's trying to work within a budget doesn't mean he's not serious. Seriously...

D.D.

Keremz

« Reply #42 on: 6 Mar 2012, 04:57 pm »
Hi guys,

thanx for the replies

I have a DAC..the arcam rdac...which is not the best or the last word on DACs but it does the job and most importantly its wireless...

I listen to vinly most of the time and the rcam is perfect when I feel too lazy or have lots of friends around. The CD is going to be another easy to reach/use item for me. But has to be the best money can buy for around $1000.

I am also wondering how it will be if I was to use my marantz CD6002 just as a transport and use the rcam or buy another DAC for about $1000?????

RCduck7

« Reply #43 on: 6 Mar 2012, 08:14 pm »
If i was in a position to choose a CD Player, i would certainly buy a CEC transport, for that purpose they are one of the best. Save some money and then buy a Metrum Octave DAC wich got rave reviews by anyone. That way you would also have the choice to link up an other source other then the CEC player to the Octave DAC.
For a price that is not cheap, i admit, but you will have very high end performance for less money with this setup. You should be settled for years to come and don't look back.

Keremz

« Reply #44 on: 6 Mar 2012, 08:34 pm »
I was thinking of buying the Music Cable from Synergistic Research as a DAC...any ideas on that???