TAAS : Events Calendar 2007

DonnieW

Re: TAAS : Events Calendar 2007
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2007, 11:17 pm »
I am kind of new to Audiocircle and I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. As some of you know, I attended the meeting last Sunday and wanted to say thanks again for a great meeting and for welcoming newcomers to your group. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and listen to John's talk about analog and his different demos.

I am already looking forward to the next meeting.

With best wishes,

Rene

Glad you (and your wife) came Rene.  You're knowledge of turntables was impressive.  I know Denny and I were scratching our heads when you mentioned the 'weighting' off the top of your head.  :lol:

DonnieW

« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2007, 11:20 pm »
I think one of the best things about these meets is that they remind me of how little I know and how much I still have to learn about the world of audio, it keeps me open to learning new things and prevents me from getting set in my ways.  There's a lot of things which I'm still thinking over and trying to digest, mainly how we all heard more or less the same changes with regards to digital, vinyl, and the mats but interpreted them in vastly differing ways, along with having different preferences.  No wonder there's such a range of sounds in the audio world, every single designer's going to have his or her own vision of "what is good and right".

More comments later, as I sort out my thoughts...

And don't forget the different tastes in music...

I don't want to hear the Lion Sleeps Tonight again!!  :lol:  I still can't get it out of my head... Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2007, 11:31 pm »
DonnieW,

I can play you the water intro that you liked so much at the Amp Comparo to get your mind off of it.  :lol:

Cheers  8)

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2007, 11:42 pm »
I think one of the best things about these meets is that they remind me of how little I know and how much I still have to learn about the world of audio, it keeps me open to learning new things and prevents me from getting set in my ways.  There's a lot of things which I'm still thinking over and trying to digest, mainly how we all heard more or less the same changes with regards to digital, vinyl, and the mats but interpreted them in vastly differing ways, along with having different preferences.  No wonder there's such a range of sounds in the audio world, every single designer's going to have his or her own vision of "what is good and right".

More comments later, as I sort out my thoughts...

And don't forget the different tastes in music...

I don't want to hear the Lion Sleeps Tonight again!!  :lol:  I still can't get it out of my head... Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh
Here you go Donnie:
"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonite....in the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonite....

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2007, 11:45 pm »
I am kind of new to Audiocircle and I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. As some of you know, I attended the meeting last Sunday and wanted to say thanks again for a great meeting and for welcoming newcomers to your group. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and listen to John's talk about analog and his different demos.

I am already looking forward to the next meeting.

With best wishes,

Rene
Welcome from me as well Rene.  It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.  I hope we have given you a friendly intro to Toronto.  I llok forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.
By the way, what is the name of the speaker pictured on your post?

DonnieW

« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2007, 12:58 am »
DonnieW,

I can play you the water intro that you liked so much at the Amp Comparo to get your mind off of it.  :lol:

Cheers  8)

Easy now... I own guns... Don't temp me to accidentally point it at myself when cleaning it...  Come to think of it, the instructor told us not to listen to agitating music when handling weapons.  I wonder if he has the same album?

p.s. I'm kidding... I would never shoot myself. :wink:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:04 am »
Eeezee there pardner!

See, it's all good! No reason to get all upset.....just put the bang bang down and let's all be happy again. K? 

:surrender:

Cheers 

DonnieW

« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:07 am »
Eeezee there pardner!

See, it's all good! No reason to get all upset.....just put the bang bang down and let's all be happy again. K? 

:surrender:

Cheers 

Ohh the FBI just flagged me :lol:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:10 am »
Just for the record, I don't know this DonnieW guy personally.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cheers

DonnieW

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:14 am »
Just for the record, I don't know this DonnieW guy personally.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cheers

Still coming over tomorrow to watch the game?   :lol:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:15 am »
Yup.

Cheers

markC

« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:19 am »
You boys play nice, now...No guns allowed up here in Canada you know.

Kidding aside, I'd like to welcome Rene to our group and also his wife. I'm sorry I did not get to personally meet either, but would like to say that it was refreshing to see not 1, but 2 women at the meet! Tolerant wives or female audiophiles?

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:57 am »
You boys play nice, now...No guns allowed up here in Canada you know.

Kidding aside, I'd like to welcome Rene to our group and also his wife. I'm sorry I did not get to personally meet either, but would like to say that it was refreshing to see not 1, but 2 women at the meet! Tolerant wives or female audiophiles?
Designated drivers!!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2007, 02:00 am »
Good one.  :lol:

Cheers

restock

• Tube system - Revolutions
« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2007, 07:29 am »
Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome and the nice comments. I should wander over here more often :) - I am still too used to hanging out on Audiogon and Audioasylum.

Since Sam was wondering about my picture: The speakers are Cain Abbys and some more pics can be seen on Audiogon in our posted system. Most of it is still in Calgary, but we should have everything moved to Toronto soon. You are welcome to stop over for a listen  :o

By the way, I would be happy to answer any questions on analog or if you need some help mounting and aligning cartridges - feel free to drop me an email any time - I would be happy to help out. Of course John has already done such a nice job introducing analog during the meeting...

Cheers,

Rene (and Shohini)

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 23 Mar 2007, 11:35 am »
Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome and the nice comments. I should wander over here more often :) - I am still too used to hanging out on Audiogon and Audioasylum.

Since Sam was wondering about my picture: The speakers are Cain Abbys and some more pics can be seen on Audiogon in our posted system. Most of it is still in Calgary, but we should have everything moved to Toronto soon. You are welcome to stop over for a listen  :o

By the way, I would be happy to answer any questions on analog or if you need some help mounting and aligning cartridges - feel free to drop me an email any time - I would be happy to help out. Of course John has already done such a nice job introducing analog during the meeting...

Cheers,

Rene (and Shohini)

I thought they looked familiar.
I read with sadness the passing of Terry Cain.  Is his company still going to continue?
How do you like the speakers?

restock

• Tube system - Revolutions
« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2007, 03:12 pm »
Sadly, Terry passed away this January. He was one of the really nice people in audio - I had the chance to talk to him for several hours on the phone when I got my speakers custom made from him. I was even hoping to visit him in Washington State, but never made it across the border from Calgary.

The company has been taken over by Jason, Terry's right hand in the shop, who will continue building Terry's speakers.  Impossible to describe the Abbys in short notes, you'll have to come over for a listen.