Gift for Harley rider, $50-$125 max.

EDS_

Gift for Harley rider, $50-$125 max.
« on: 18 May 2007, 12:32 pm »
Please no oil drip pan jokes. A local rider did a very nice thing for my wife and kids while I was out of town last week. Think about changing a tire on one of the busiest freeways in America.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2007, 01:54 pm by EDS_ »

Thebiker

Re: Gift for Harley rider, $50-$125 max.
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2007, 12:51 pm »
http://www.harley-davidson.com

This would be the best place for you to go shopping.  They list 2 categories, gifts under $50 and gifts over $50.

This is on the home page under accessories & apparel, then gifts.  As a Harley rider, I can tell you that most of us like the goodies that Harley offers. 

Always nice to hear good things about another biker :D.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2007, 01:13 pm »
I really have met some of the nicest people on bikes - cue the aged Honda ad!

I have paid it back as best I could - I remember one day on the 403 offramp at Dundas in Oakville, seeing a guy trying to bump start his 1200 Suzuki Bandit.  I pulled my car over, and ran back to help - he was amazed, even when I told him that I rode an 1100 Suzuki, that someone in a car would actually help him!

Not sure what Harley guys love, but I can only imagine that summer gloves, or a piece of chrome would be a nice gesture.

Nels Ferre

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2007, 02:22 pm »
As I ride myself, I'd suggest a gift certificate. That way, they can spend just what you gave them, or make that really expensive doo dad on the wish list more affordable.

Y'all think this hobby/addiction is expensive? It's got nothing on motorcycle apparel and accessories.   :o

You really do meet the nicest people on a (insert the brand of any bike here.)   :thumb:

Antman27

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2007, 02:29 pm »
I second the gift certificate  :thumb:

Thebiker

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2007, 03:24 pm »
Yup, all my favorite things cost big $, just ask my better half :lol:.

Always want something new and/or different for my stereo, my Harley, my photography habit, maybe a new shotgun for skeet or sporting clays..... aa

So little time, so many toys to play with and upgrade :bounce:.

Excuse my digression, a gift certificate is always good, just get it from the local Harley shop.

EDS_

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2007, 06:35 pm »
Thanks guys.

After talking to the owner of a local Harley, shop I bought Mr. Good Deeds a grab bag of stuff...
1. A chain and medallion featuring a skull and wrench motif (not cheap)
2. A microfiber helmet liner/skull cap
3. Harley playing cards in a cool Harley folder for safekeeping
4. A set of  four Harley shot glasses
5. Two Harley coffee cups
6. A cool Harley bag to put all this stuff in

I took it to Mr. Good Deeds work and found Mr. Good Deeds'  boss. Mr. Boss told me to leave it or Mr. Good Deeds would not accept the loot.

So I left it.