Anyone looking for a Bigscreen TV?

jcrane

Anyone looking for a Bigscreen TV?
« on: 22 Nov 2006, 07:10 am »
I know this isn't the buy and sell, but this needs to be a local sale so I thought I would just post it here.
I have a Mits 65" CRT HDTV that is three years old this month. I don't remember the model number but I bought it as Best Buy (3K new) and it has been a great tv. I am moving and this thing is too big for my new apartment. This thing is BIG.
It has DVI and Component inputs but no firewire and no cable card or built in HD tuner. But I will through in an older Hughes Direct TV HD box that you can use to pick up OTA HD. I manage to pickup Fox, PBS, CBS, NBC, ABC and channel 11 (use to be WB) with only rabbit ears and I live across the river in Pontoon Beach Il (just off 270). This is a really nice tv and if size is not a concern for you this TV can be had for $900! You must pick it up though as I do not have a truck.
I also might be willing to trade for some interesting audio gear.

Let me know if anyone is interested. It will be going onto Craig's List next week after the holidays if no one here wants it.

Jamie

Scott F.

Re: Anyone looking for a Bigscreen TV?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2006, 02:05 pm »
Mike D mentioned he's looking for one. I'm not sure if your Mits has the same picture quality as ours since ours is the latest generation but we love the picture. with the right source material a really good bigscreen is breath taking.

Good luck with the sale. It should make somebody a great, early Christmas present.

jcrane

Re: Anyone looking for a Bigscreen TV?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2006, 05:09 am »
I love this tv - with a 480p dvd signal the picture is great. With my oppo it is better than some of Direct TVs overcompressed offerings.
WIth HD I just drop my jaw. I was worried coming from a Toshiba that I loved but the Mits didn't let down.
I really don't want to see it go as it would look great in my basement. The problem is the basement is 2 years away and I don't want to put this into a storage unit for this long. The apartment I am moving to is just too small. In fact the 30" widescreen I have in there now looks plenty big :scratch:

This would make a great early xmas present

Jamie