A great concert last night

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
A great concert last night
« on: 22 Jul 2006, 06:25 pm »
Hi Gassers,
 I though I would post this here as it seems the GAS crew really stay on track with concert events.
 Last night there was a big 5 band outdoor concert held locally for the flood relief. The opening band was the DAN FLUEGEL PROJECT http://www.danfluegelproject.biz/. I met Dan Fluegel Thurday when he stopped by my store to drop off an inventory of CD's.

Dan really kicked some serious arse and got the crowd nice and rowdy for the evening. He obviously played mostly his original music but did a hell of a job on some cover tunes, most by The Band and the "Drift Away" which had the whole crowd swaying and dancing. I am honered to be carrying his music.

Then came The Little River Band. Of course they were 2 hours late due to the airlines and didn't start till after 10PM. Everybody waited, nobody left.

This was one of the best outdoor concerts I have been to in quite some time. They played as good as they did years ago and their voices are still right on. The concert was very loud but as clean as I have ever heard. At one time, I was right up front, elbows on the stage, and everything was as clear as listening to a CD.

There was several thousand people there, the night was perfect and the crowd was nice and rowdy. They will be in MN today!!

I have pictures if you guys don't mind me posting them on your forum.
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2006, 06:43 pm by Response Audio »

Scott F.

Re: A great concert last night
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2006, 07:12 pm »
Hiya Bill,

Thats cool about the concert. Along the same lines of the LRB, my wife and I are going to see the Ozark Mountain Daredevils this fall (at Wildwood Springs Lodge) with some friends of ours. One of my old, old friends from high school plays keyboards for them (Joe Terry, or at least I think he's still playing with them, I havenn't talked to Joe in a year or so).

Those old groups can still crank out the jams. A friend of mine from work and I went to see Robin Trower this week at a local venue. That guy hasn't missed a beat in all these years. It was a really good concert.

...and hey, feel free to post some pics, we'd love to see them :D

Oh, did you get the music samples of Dan Fluegel up on your website yet?

Well, off to get ready for another concert..... Sammy Hagar at Riverport this evening. Should be a great night for an outdoor event. Toad the Wet Sprocket is also playing down on the riverfront (free) under the Gateway Arch this evening (just in case the local guys don't have any plans). We've finally gotten a break in the weather. Its sunny and about 80o outside right now.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: A great concert last night
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2006, 07:30 pm »
I agree, some of these old timers can really jam after all these years, I have seen Charlie Daniels, Tesla, Hootie and a few others and most sound as good today as when they were in the limelight.

I haven't been able to get the Dan Fluegel samples up yet but if you want to hear some, you can hear them on CDBaby.com by simply going to "AUDIO" on Dan's website. I should have my own up soon enough.

If you want to experience something a little different, I met up with another band last night that is more of a Folk Band. They asked if I was interested in hearing and possibly carrying their new album and gave me a demo copy.

you can hear some of their stuff here

http://thetweedlers.com/_wsn/page4.html