A couple of Mini Sessions

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« on: 20 Apr 2006, 11:01 am »
Chris was nice enough to have me over to his home Tuesday of this week.  We played with his Meadowlark's and Nohr's - trying to balance bass response and imaging.  Then we brought in some mineral wool and tried to get the room bottom under control.  I think he's happy with the results - at least I didn't get to put it back in my truck!

Wednesday night, Sturgus had Chris and I over.  Just some general listening for the most part.  Played around with some panel placement with some interesting results but for the most part, just general listening, BS, and general minor alcohol consumption.  A very enjoyable time.

In both sessions, I was exposed to some things that I had not heard before.  Some of it was VERY impressive.  I've already put out the word to the SO to keep her eyes out for the Fairfield Four disc.

Bryan

MerRev

« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2006, 01:53 pm »
Thanks Bryan, I'm now the proud new owner of 100lbs of slag. :scratch:
Huge improvements in just a few short minutes with plenty of promise.  
I can't wait to tame the beast and start enjoying music again.  

Basking in the Merlin magic again- it's always hard to leave when they are doing their thing.
We listened to some great male vocalists and mixed in some jazz and rock as well.

I have to agree Bryan- how many more times am I going to listen to the Fairfield Four before I finally break down and buy it?

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2006, 11:55 pm »
Quote from: MerRev
Thanks Bryan, I'm now the proud new owner of 100lbs of slag. :scratch:

Bryan has a way of doing that :lol:  But you can't deny the results!

Quote from: MerRev
Basking in the Merlin magic again- it's always hard to leave when they are doing their thing.

So Sturg, did you get your room pretty well leveled out again?

When the Merlins are dailed in, they sound phenominal.

sturgus

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2006, 02:43 am »
Bryan, Chris, glad you guys could make it over.  I really enjoyed your company.  Bryan I will be working on the sugesstions you gave me and would like to try some acoustical cotton. Scott they are close to being dialed in sounding very good. I have been side tracked as of late since I got my Dyna MK3's up and running. They have been a lot of fun to play with.  Hope you can come by and hear them.
Sturgus

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2006, 07:24 pm »
Hey Sturgus.  Thanks again for the hospitality.  

What are you going to use the cotton for?  Corner bass control?  Behind the couch?  Wall reflections?  

Just different materials.

Bryan