Reviewed: ClassDAudio Complete (built) SDS-470 (300 WPC)

firedog

Click to the link on the thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=76400.msg977310#msg977310

310#msg977310

Anyone interested, contact me by PM.

My system components are listed with my profile.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2012, 09:18 am by firedog »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Reviewed: ClassDAudio Complete (built) SDS-470 (250 WPC)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2011, 06:59 pm »
Aren't you suppose to review it here?

maxitonus

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2011, 10:33 am »
I'm new here and a french audiophile.
I have recently received a SDS 470 amp,and tested it with care in replacement of my tubed Ayon Triton II amp.
The SDS is of the same league,the quality of sound,as soon as correctly "tuned" with the other elements of the complete system,is breathtaking.
The fact extreme treble are slightly "shy" can be corrected by the choice of interconnects and speaker cables with low capacitance per meter.
Once done,the sound is not only powerfull but also transparent,dynamic,and very resolving.
Two audiophile friends with "golden ears" came to hear the result,conclusion:they asked me to buy two amps for them by internet...

My Ayon is a very good amp...however i am not decided to dismantle the current system and put it back(it's been sent for an upgrading+changing tubes)

Those interested by more details will be welcome   Sincerely  Mxt

firedog

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2011, 11:07 am »
Update: Now that I've had the amp for awhile, I'm very happy with the sound. The difference in the treble was more a difference in presentation and sound stage. My previous amp had a very up front presentation, this one has a deeper soundstage, so sometimes some instruments sound "far away" in comparison.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:47 pm »
I'm new here and a french audiophile.
I have recently received a SDS 470 amp,and tested it with care in replacement of my tubed Ayon Triton II amp.
The SDS is of the same league,the quality of sound,as soon as correctly "tuned" with the other elements of the complete system,is breathtaking.
The fact extreme treble are slightly "shy" can be corrected by the choice of interconnects and speaker cables with low capacitance per meter.
Once done,the sound is not only powerfull but also transparent,dynamic,and very resolving.
Two audiophile friends with "golden ears" came to hear the result,conclusion:they asked me to buy two amps for them by internet...

My Ayon is a very good amp...however i am not decided to dismantle the current system and put it back(it's been sent for an upgrading+changing tubes)

Those interested by more details will be welcome   Sincerely  Mxt

Wow, so the SDS sounds as good as a $8000 amp...