Bryston Loudspeakers

Eatlxtr

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1860 on: 30 Nov 2014, 05:24 pm »
James, thank you for your prompt and informative reply. I heard them at Absolute Audio in Calgary and James was very helpful. A contributing factor to the base bump may have been the rack directly beside the right speaker. We could not get the speakers set up that close to the back wall with free space around them. In my listening environment I do not have that problem so they should be better. The other factor is the I am just not used to a speaker producing that level of mid bass. In fact, I may have had my subs turned down a bit below flat response. I don't know if you read my whathifi post but I am also seriously considering a pair of these for my dance floor but do you think the b100 is enough to drive them to potential or do they really need more power?

Earl

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1861 on: 30 Nov 2014, 05:45 pm »
James, thank you for your prompt and informative reply. I heard them at Absolute Audio in Calgary and James was very helpful. A contributing factor to the base bump may have been the rack directly beside the right speaker. We could not get the speakers set up that close to the back wall with free space around them. In my listening environment I do not have that problem so they should be better. The other factor is the I am just not used to a speaker producing that level of mid bass. In fact, I may have had my subs turned down a bit below flat response. I don't know if you read my whathifi post but I am also seriously considering a pair of these for my dance floor but do you think the b100 is enough to drive them to potential or do they really need more power?

Earl

Hi

I have a few customers with a B100 and the Mini T's so I think you would find the combo excellent  :thumb: They can take more power though depending on room size and listening levels.

James

Timslim18

« Reply #1862 on: 30 Nov 2014, 08:39 pm »
I will ask.

james

Hi James:

Did you get an answer back on this as I am ready to place an order. I am looking at ordering a white pair of Mini-Ts with 32" stands either white or unpainted (which I would have painted). What MSRP would I be looking at for such an order? Approximate time from order to delivery?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Tim

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1863 on: 30 Nov 2014, 09:41 pm »
Hi James:

Did you get an answer back on this as I am ready to place an order. I am looking at ordering a white pair of Mini-Ts with 32" stands either white or unpainted (which I would have painted). What MSRP would I be looking at for such an order? Approximate time from order to delivery?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim

We can do a custom non painted pair of Mini T's for you if that helps or a painted white pair  - it would take about 3 weeks from order and  just charge the same price as a standard wood finish.

The standard stand is 24 inches - any reason you need a 32? - I am a little concern it may be a little top heavy.  The stands only come in black so no white available there.

Let me know which dealer and when and I will try an speed it up for you.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1864 on: 1 Dec 2014, 03:38 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT:Bryston Middle T – Best of 2014

Hi James

Congratulations!

You’ve won a Home Theater Review Best of 2014 Award for the Bryston Middle T loudspeakers.

As a company known for high-end audio electronics, Bryston took a risk this year by moving into the crowded speaker market. That risk has certainly paid off with the Middle T, which received a “five-star performance rating” from Brent Butterworth.

Its appearance is as straightforward as they come, but its performance will definitely seduce you.

Sincerely,
Jerry

Timslim18

« Reply #1865 on: 2 Dec 2014, 08:46 pm »
Hi Tim

We can do a custom non painted pair of Mini T's for you if that helps or a painted white pair  - it would take about 3 weeks from order and  just charge the same price as a standard wood finish.

The standard stand is 24 inches - any reason you need a 32? - I am a little concern it may be a little top heavy.  The stands only come in black so no white available there.

Let me know which dealer and when and I will try an speed it up for you.

James

Hi James:

I am dealing with Mike at Audio Eden in Aurora.  He convinced me to stick with the standard 24" stands but I do need the the Mini-T  speaker finish and grills in white.

Kindly contact him as I placed my order this afternoon.

Thanks,

Tim

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1866 on: 2 Dec 2014, 10:36 pm »
Hi James:

I am dealing with Mike at Audio Eden in Aurora.  He convinced me to stick with the standard 24" stands but I do need the the Mini-T  speaker finish and grills in white.

Kindly contact him as I placed my order this afternoon.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim

Yes we got the order - custom units being done. :thumb:

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1867 on: 3 Dec 2014, 12:13 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speakers

December 2014

Bryston Mini-T Bookshelf/Stand Loudspeakers.

Winner of Everything Audio Network ‘Stellar Sound Award’

“The Bryston Mini-T speaker easily exceeded my high expectations of the company producing a no-fuss, accurate loudspeaker with smooth clarity and excellent bass for its size. These speakers sound fantastic, and in the audiophile world they are a bargain — especially for a North American-made speaker

The tweeter is neither dull or sizzly, instead exhibiting an optimal balance of transient tonality, which contributes to an expansive soundstage for such a compact speaker. The midrange does not draw attention to itself with any sonic quirks, just a truthful projection of midband sounds, such as voice and acoustic guitar.

And the Mini-T’s sonic character was consistent from amp to amp, even with different designs. From an old Macintosh MC275 to Rogue Audio’s highly recommend tube/digital hybrid and Benchmark’s ultra-quiet ABH2, to a pair of $65,000 Pass Labs Super Class A Xs-150s, the Mini-Ts always sounded great.

Whether you are an audiophile, semi-serious home listener who appreciates real hi-fi, or an uncompromising professional recording engineer who still likes to match his own amp and speakers, the Mini-T is a speaker you must consider.

If you want to stay in the family, a pair of the Mini-Ts and a Bryston 4B SST-II amplifier would be an ideal combo. But regardless of the amp ultimately chosen, I believe that once you audition a pair of Mini-Ts, you will agree with our assessment that they are worthy of our Everything Audio Network

S-T-E-L-L-A-R  S-O-U-N-D   Award”

John Gatski
Everything Audio Network

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1868 on: 4 Dec 2014, 04:27 pm »
SUBJECT: Announcing New A Series Subwoofer

Hi Folks,

Bryston is pleased to announce a new ‘A SERIES SUBWOOFER’

This new Sub utilizes two 10 inch custom drivers in an opposing side configuration with a 400 watt internal amplifier.
We will have a sample available at the upcoming 2015 CES show in January.
Suggest list price will be $1,895.00 US.

•   Full specifications will be available shortly.

Timslim18

« Reply #1869 on: 4 Dec 2014, 05:36 pm »
Hi Tim

Yes we got the order - custom units being done. :thumb:

james

Thanks, James.

To all those who have not yet auditioned the Mini-Ts, I have to tell you my experience...

Over the last year, I have read with interest the reviews of the Mini-T in this forum and on many other sites.  My interest was piqued.  Driving to the dealer (Audio Eden just north of Toronto) to audition a pair, I was a little skeptical.  My thinking was that all the hype may be a result of some advertiser revenue recipient/dealer bias which is understandable as that's the way the world works. 

When I got to the dealer, he had the Mini-Ts ready to play. I sat done, he put on some music and walked away.  The sound was amazing for such small speakers.  Eyes closed you would think the speakers were at least twice the size.  The low end was incredible.  It sounded like a well balanced 2.1 system but the dealer swore there was no subwoofer working away out of sight.  The tone and timbre of the speakers was realistic and uncoloured and handled the various genres of sample material with strength without losing detail.  I was so impressed that I bought a pair after I finished my audition.  The dealer had just set up the audition and let the Mini-T's sell themselves.  What a great experience!

So fellow audiocirclers, if you are in the market for nearfield or small enclosure speakers, do yourself a favour and give the Mini-T's an audition.  I guarantee that for size/price/performance you will not find a better speaker.    And to you Bryston dealers, shame on you if you do not stock the Mini-Ts as they sell themselves.

Tim

brwsaw

« Reply #1870 on: 4 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm »
MEMO:

Bryston is pleased to announce a new ‘A SERIES SUBWOOFER’

This new Sub utilizes two 10 inch custom drivers in an opposing side configuration with a 400 watt internal amplifier.

Sealed?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1871 on: 4 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm »

Sealed?

Hi br

No ported    The T Subs are sealed units

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2014, 11:55 am by James Tanner »

Marius

« Reply #1872 on: 5 Dec 2014, 10:02 pm »
Yes!
Today, Sinterklaas finally brought my Signatures. Thank you Santa!

Cheers Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1873 on: 5 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm »
Marius

I'm confused - what is that?

james

Marius

« Reply #1874 on: 6 Dec 2014, 09:34 am »
December 5th: Sinterklaas evening in the Netherlands. Families sharing presents. My daughter made this for me knowing I'm on the lookout for the Signatures... Enclosed was a real nice poem with the actual
present .

Kinda liked the detail in the external
Crossover ;-)

Have a good one everybody !
Marius

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #1875 on: 6 Dec 2014, 10:02 am »
Nice Marius!

Let us know when the real thing materializes.

Cheers,
Bob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1876 on: 6 Dec 2014, 11:35 am »
December 5th: Sinterklaas evening in the Netherlands. Families sharing presents. My daughter made this for me knowing I'm on the lookout for the Signatures... Enclosed was a real nice poem with the actual
present .

Kinda liked the detail in the external
Crossover ;-)

Have a good one everybody !
Marius

That's really neat - can you send me a JPEG picture of that - jamestanner@bryston.com

Marius

« Reply #1877 on: 6 Dec 2014, 03:47 pm »
Hey Bob,

Now thats a bit of an issue in NL... need to find a dealer first, and then have them let me testdrive the Signatures at home. Demo is everything, especially at home.

Need James to stop making significant changes to them too :-) don't want a BDA2/3 discussion on the Signatures...

Cheers and happy holidays to all,

MArius

Nice Marius!

Let us know when the real thing materializes.

Cheers,
Bob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1878 on: 6 Dec 2014, 04:03 pm »
Hey Bob,

Now thats a bit of an issue in NL... need to find a dealer first, and then have them let me testdrive the Signatures at home. Demo is everything, especially at home.

Need James to stop making significant changes to them too :-) don't want a BDA2/3 discussion on the Signatures...

Cheers and happy holidays to all,

MArius

One good thing about the Model T's as the changes have all been retro-fittable.  The Signature has the added advantage because if the crossover changes its an easy swap.

james

Marius

« Reply #1879 on: 6 Dec 2014, 04:36 pm »
Check!

That's why i'm on to the Signatures, hope to hear them soon.

Keep up the good work James. enjoying your machines on a daily base....

Marius

One good thing about the Model T's as the changes have all been retro-fittable.  The Signature has the added advantage because if the crossover changes its an easy swap.

james