*SOLD* Atma-Sphere M-60 3.1 with all upgrades *SOLD*

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I'm selling my Atma-Sphere M-60 3.1 OTL amps. 

These amps were just upgraded to 3.1 status so the warranty is reactivated.  They have the following upgrades: Power Boost, Copper Foil V-Caps and Caddock Resistor.   

The 6AS7 tubes are brand new and have been cryo'd and properly conditioned as per Ralph Karsten.  The 6SN7 tubes were also cryo'd at the same time. 

$OLD

« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm by jtwrace »

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: FS: Atma-Sphere M-60 3.1 with all upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm »
Great amps and a great seller!

George

jackman

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2011, 01:09 pm »
Wow, beautiful amps! 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:26 am »
Great amps and a great seller!

George
Wow, beautiful amps! 

Yes they are!

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:58 am »
 :D  those are very nice,,,,would they work on Super V's speakers .....???? :D  is Canada ok with you ????  thks  Pat

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2011, 06:34 pm »
:D  those are very nice,,,,would they work on Super V's speakers .....???? :D  is Canada ok with you ????  thks  Pat

PM Sent. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2011, 01:07 pm »
bump.

Still for sale.  I've received a bunch of inquires but no one has made it happen. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2011, 01:00 am »
bump

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2011, 01:30 am »
Just to let everyone know, the amplifiers really do exist in the flesh! I was visiting Jtwrace and saw them with my own eyes  :o

They are well kept, and very gorgeous to boot.

Somebody needs to take these!

Anand.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 6 Jul 2011, 03:08 pm »
Somebody needs to take these!

Anand.

Agreed!   :thumb:

Rob S.

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jul 2011, 06:00 pm »
JT - what speakers did you have paired up with the m60's ?

Price for the amps seems very fair given their current updates- good luck with the sale.  Been enjoying mine for over a year!

Rob S.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jul 2011, 06:44 pm »
Yummy, super delicious, love the OTL

I had a speaker that was a great match for the OTL except for a FR peak around 2.2 kHz corresponding to the speaker's single impedance peak at that same frequency. 

It was not terribly costly for a speaker designer to engineer a simple, outboard, parallel EQ circuit that flattened the peak and make for one of the best speaker/amp interfaces I've ever heard.

That speaker designer said he believes the EQ device could be engineered for any speaker with one peak above the bass range.  Best I can tell peaks below 100 Hz are not nearly as problematic.   

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:17 pm »
 :D  i would love to buy these but.....will they work with ???? PROAC D38's or Danny's Super-V's........that is the question of the day.... :D don't know enough about last post. :D

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #13 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:40 pm »
:D  i would love to buy these but.....will they work with ???? PROAC D38's or Danny's Super-V's........that is the question of the day.... :D don't know enough about last post. :D

Given the fact that Danny uses powered subs with the Super V's, Jtwrace's Atmasphere amps will work just great with them.

Anand.

ebag4

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:45 pm »
I'm running my V1s wth 3.5 watts and that can push them louder than I care to listen so these amps would have no problem pushing the SuperVs.

Best,
Ed

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 6 Jul 2011, 08:08 pm »

Love the Proac classics. 

My understanding and experience of OTL/speaker interface is quite simple: Above the bass range of about 100 Hz, each impedance peak in the load reflects in a similar FR peak.  My peak (20 Ohms IIRC) @ 2.2 kHz was indeed audible.  The EQ circuit flattened both the impedance and FR peaks.  Once the EQ circuit installed and flattened the peak (heard as a slight but constant edgy thumbprint) it was one of the best amp/interfaces ever.  The EQ circuit wired in parallel, not series, anywhere between the amp and speaker posts.  The circuit is a permanent part of my ASA clone Xo. 

Publish the impedance graph (above about 100 Hz) for any speaker and you'll be looking at a reasonable facsimile of the FR with OTL.  My understanding is that impedance and FR peaks below 100 Hz are far less problematic. 

Again, it's apparently not so difficult for a speaker designer to flatten one peak above the bass range.       

I suppose the worse the phase angle the more difficult to drive, same with any amp. 

Interestingly, the above described EQ circuit also improved performance even with super high current pure class A SS such as Plinius SA-50 MkIII (though it was more audible with the OTL...BTW, even the "lowly" 30W OTL played with more authority than the 57 lb Plinius).

One of the great features about OTL is that speakers have rising peaks in the bass range at resonance.  In some or all cases an OTL amp will play with more bass authority and even have a lower bass cutoff vs. SS!  Plus musical bliss above the bass (on the right load).  Pretty close to a free lunch, once peaks are addressed.