Using the sacd_extract.exe, I’m having trouble converting the DSF files to DSD.
I downloaded the file ‘sacd_extract_0.3.6_WIN32.zip’ and extracted it into a folder that I named “sacdrip’. I copied my SACD ISO file into this directory so it would be easier to work with from a command line prompt.
I followed these instructions: http://sacd-ripper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/readme
Here’s the steps I followed:
1: From the start menu, I typed “CMD” into the command box (or whatever it’s called). This brings up the command window.
2. From the prompt in the command, I navigated to the “sacdrip” directory where I extracted the file ‘sacd_extract.exe’.
3. The instructions include a list of command options and a few examples. I tried following the examples. First, here’s the list of available options:
Usage: sacd_extract [options] [outfile]
-2, --2ch-tracks : Export two channel tracks (default)
-m, --mch-tracks : Export multi-channel tracks
-e, --output-dsdiff-em : output as Philips DSDIFF (Edit Master) file
-p, --output-dsdiff : output as Philips DSDIFF file
-s, --output-dsf : output as Sony DSF file
-I, --output-iso : output as RAW ISO
-c, --convert-dst : convert DST to DSD
-C, --export-cue : Export a CUE Sheet
-i, --input[=FILE] : set source and determine if "iso" image,
device or server (ex. -i192.168.1.10:2002)
-P, --print : display disc and track information
-?, --help : Show this help message
--usage : Display brief usage message
Here’s the usage example I tried:
Extract all stereo tracks to multiple DSDIFF files and convert all DST to DSD:
$ sacd_extract -2 -p -c -i"Foo_Bar_RIP.ISO"
So, after the command prompt, I typed:
sacd_extract -2 –p –c –i”TAPESTRY.iso”
I ended up with a folder named “CAROLE KING – TAPESTRY” and 14 individual files for each track. However, none of the files were converted to DSD files. All have the extension DFF.
I read through the thread on Computer Audiophile and learned that if you are extracting individual files for playback, it is better to extract to DSF before converting to DSD. So, I tried this at the command line -
sacd_extract -2 –s –c –I”TAPESTRY.iso”
This time, it created the same folder and generated a bunch of DSF files, again without converting the DSF files to DSD.
I also tried using their usage examples to create multichannel DSD files. Again, I was successful at extracting the individual tracks into files, but I couldn’t end up with the DSD files. The conversion step is just getting ignored. I’m not getting any error messages, so the program seems to be working.