Carver Statements...

Nooshinjohn

Carver Statements...
« on: 2 Jan 2011, 05:26 am »
Hello!

This is my first post here after doing a search on the web. A fellow Carverite (don't remember his name) made a post that turned up about my little project, and in that thread suggested that I share what I am working on. Tonight, I will provide links, and update with pics as soon as I can.

These amps have been named the Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Reference Monoblock. They are the first amp built using the Carver name in more than a decade, and the use of the name carries the blessings of the man himself. Bob has been more than gracious with his time and expertice in bringing these amps to life. Currently, he is working on the transformers and will be doing evaluation testing when they are completed...

http://www.thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3768

Thanks for taking the time to look and I hope to become a bit of a regular here...

John

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Carver Statements...
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2011, 06:13 am »
Welcome to AC. Here's the rest of his system from the other site for those who might want to know what the rest of the system consists of.  :thumb: 

Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Mk2 425x5, Sunfire Theater Grand Processor Mk5 (signed), Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube PreAmp with phono stage, Carver SD/a 490t cdplayer, Rogue Audio Perseus Stereo Tube Preamp, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2.3TL's (main), Polk Audio LSi-15's (surround), Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center), Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko Blue Point Special EVOIII, Yamaha DVD-c750 multi-disc SACD/DVD player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Denon DRM-540 Cassette Deck, Pioneer CLD-D504 Laserdisc Player, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.

I happen to own a Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor in my system and I'd sure love to have this diy Carver amp in my system for a day. (or more)  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2011, 01:37 pm »
Welcome John, that is one impressive amp.  What kink of power is she going to have?

Nooshinjohn

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2011, 02:29 pm »
The monoblocks will have 400 wpc@ 8ohms.

mort

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:26 pm »
Welcome Carverite. It's nice to see your type around here!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:39 pm »
That was probably my post you saw and I'm looking forward to the completion date but probably not nearly so much as you are.
Tell Bob to get on the stick!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:53 pm »
Last year on E-bay, Bob Carver was selling several new tube amps built or re-built from old stock.  These items generated long series of interesting comments. But all have now disappeared from E-bay. Were they saved at another site?

AVnerdguy

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:56 pm »
Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing the progress and final product.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2011, 06:13 pm »
The monoblocks will have 400 wpc@ 8ohms.

Damn, that's a diy'fers dream right there. I expect your diy thread will be closely looked over by those capable diy individuals and others like me that wish we were.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #9 on: 2 Jan 2011, 07:07 pm »
Welcome John, from a fellow Carver guy!

weitrhino

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2011, 03:56 am »
Last year on E-bay, Bob Carver was selling several new tube amps built or re-built from old stock.  These items generated long series of interesting comments. But all have now disappeared from E-bay. Were they saved at another site?

Yes, this info has been preserved.  I have compiled all of it except for the very first set of amps that Bob auctioned and despite an exhaustive online search I cannot locate the data.  However, it's all there from set #2 for your enjoyment.  The amps are newly built from (mostly) vintage parts.  Most of the early amps used military spec transformers but some of the later amps had transformers wound by Bob using modern steel in place of vintage iron.  Only one pair was a Carver/Stu Hegeman (6550 output tubes) design while all the others are Carver/Tim DeParavicini designed (KT88 outputs) and are 1 ohm output capable.    Check out my gallery as well.

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1226

Nooshinjohn

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2011, 04:35 am »
Thanks again guys for the warm welcome... Now that I have a bit of time, I will begin posting the pictures I promised. The one thing I have learned so far in doing this is that there truly are no limits to what can be done in this hobby. Several months ago, I would have never even begun such a challenging endeavour. I have never built anything more difficult than an audio rack, and that came with instructions! :lol:....

PMAT

« Reply #12 on: 17 Jan 2011, 06:17 am »
Fantastic eye candy! The last shot looks like an orgy. Thanks!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #13 on: 17 Jan 2011, 10:19 am »
That's really coming along. 
How much more is left to go?

Nooshinjohn

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2011, 03:11 pm »
I will have the wiring completed by the end of the month. Bob is working on the transformers, so at this point, the completion date is more up to him than me. :scratch: :lol: Once they are completed, theywill be sent to him for final inspection, testing and his approval for me to build a few more.

Nooshinjohn

« Reply #15 on: 10 Aug 2012, 01:37 am »
holy crap it's been a while since I have been on this site... I would not have remembered it were it not brought up on another forum I visit.

Long story short, the amps have been plaing music for a month now and thy are GLORIOUS to listen to and breathtaking to look at as well.

how do I post up some pics.?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: 10 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm »
how do I post up some pics.?
Umm.  The same exact way you did above.  Second row of icons the first button on the left.