FS: 3Pi speakers $350 -SOLD-

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
FS: 3Pi speakers $350 -SOLD-
« on: 28 Nov 2010, 03:11 pm »
***SOLD***

These are the same ones as seen in the SMAC room earlier this year at AKFest, but with the original xovers and Eminence PSD2002 tweeters installed (I'm using the the B&C tweets and custom xover heard at AKFest for a soon to be built pair of 4Pi speakers... but they are very similar sounding in the original form, just a bit smoother with the upgraded tweeters and xover).  Company website is http://pispeakers.com - make sure to check out the forum for extensive details on the design and theory behind these Constant Directivity speakers.

Asking $350 for the pair. Most Pi Speakers are built from kits, but according to the previous owner these were factory built.  Retail cost of drivers alone are about $420 a pair (woofers/tweets/horns), plus the price of xovers which is at least another $100.  Current kit price for latest version without cabs from Pi Speakers start at $640 a pair, or $1700 factory-built.   These are big and heavy, so this will likely have to be a local sale only (Detroit area) due to high shipping costs.

Cabinets have some "character" up close (nicks here and there and such), but look good from a typical listening distance.  Here are a couple shots from AKFest:

« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2010, 02:14 pm by krikor »

Blooze

Re: FS: 3Pi speakers $350
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:18 am »
Man, I wish I lived near Detroit cuz those baby's would be sitting in my listening room.  I've heard the stock and full on modified versions and can say they are very nice speakers.  Put a pair of Pi3 subs with them and they are some of the best speakers I've ever heard.

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2010, 06:21 am »
That's an insane deal and I'm local...just no money to spare right now  :cry:

nicksgem10s

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2010, 06:10 pm »
PM sent  :thumb: