NEWS

klaus@odyssey

NEWS
« on: 8 Mar 2004, 05:46 am »
OK,  here are some news for you rgarding products and the company;

NEW PRODUCTS:

1.  yes,  as already somewhat discussed,  there will be an Extreme version of the Tempest.  There are 2 stages,  a.  a mymetal shielding transformer,  and b.  the topline SL   board.  Prices are $ 200.  & $ 300.  each.

2.  We'll have new finishes for the speakers soon.  Silver-metal,  rd,  dark blue,  and canary yellow.

3.  Digital amp:  
the first amp out will be a dual mono with 2 x 500 W  for $ 1,500.
Later this year we're looking at a pair of 2x 1000 W monos for $ 1,995. / pair.  We're also looking at other, different configurations utilizing the digital amp,  but no decision yet,  just too many ideas and not enough time or money :lol:
Anyway,  2 K will be the upper level for the stereo setups.  As for HT,  yes, there will be at least a  channel unit,  maybe even a 7 channel piece.  We'll see,  but that will be lat this year.

BNow,  to the technology.  As I stated bfore,  I personally hav bi reservations about digital amplification,  especially in the areas of harmonics, tonality, and emotional qualities.  Some of the best digital designs that I have heard use the ICE power modules.  Our first prototyps had those as well,  and worked quite good.  However,  we finally came up with a different design,  and I'm happy that we did.  Instead of the digital class d and t output stages we'll use class A/AB  in the output stage and yet still achieve > 86% efficiency or so.  I just like it much better,  and don't want to get into technical discussions of pros and cons of each design.  Just not interested,  and there should be enough variations out there by now to satisfy anyone who's looking for a digital amplifier.  As for me,  I'm purely judging with my ears.

-------------------------------
ODYSSEY:

The great, great news here is that as of now we hav a world wide network in place.  Some partners are already up and running while others finish up their sits and showrooms within the next month or so.

We currently have the following odysseyaudio.com countries:

odysseyaudiomx.com  for Mexico = Eduardo
odysseyaudiohk.com  for HongKong = Barry
odysseyaudiogb.com for Great Britain = Matthew
odysseyaudiobr.com for Brazil  = Moyses
odysseyaudioau.com for Australia and New Zealand = Bhaskar
odysseyaudiosg.com for Singapore = Alex
odysseyaudiopr.com  for Puerto Rico  = Hector

We also add Scandinavia, Poland, and other countries soon.

The fantastic news especially for our international members at AC  is that regardless where you live in the world,  you'll pay the exact same cost for any of our products.  The Khartago will be $ 750.  whether you're in the US, any of the above countries, or any other country odering directly from us.  I believe that this is a completely new setup for the customer.  You can buy the units from any of the countries above locally and there's no importer or distributor penalty for you whatsoever.  Of course the customer still has to pay the individual shippin and taxes,  but that would amount to the exact same cost as buying directly from us.  

However,  now the customer in any of these countries has the opportunities to either listening to demo units or at showrooms.  This is possible because of several )to me) important facts.  Each one of these guys I would consider a friend,  and it's not based on any old distribution principles.  They are truly part of Odyssey.  While some have other poducts as well because of the nature of audio being their sole livelihood,  others are hobbiests and do that as a part - business with our full support.  We all have friendships and passion and enthusiasm in common,  and I love it.

Lastly,  especially for our international customers (even in Chinese, for example),  but of course also for all of our existing customers and AC'ers,  we have our own odyssey discussion forum.  this doesn't mean that we will quit AC,  of course not,  but we'll have it in addition to AC.  It's already running,  but Eduardo has to make some final adjustments ????

Lastly,  I'm still nowhee near finishing up the updates on the web site.  We have pics of the different production processes and parts details,  but I also have to go to Dr. Photo, still.  In time I will post them all.

Anyway,  that's it for now.

Late,

Klaus

Eduardo AAVM

NEWS
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2004, 06:45 am »
Absolutely great news Klaus...

Do you consider the new amplifier can be used for PA applications?

warnerwh

NEWS
« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2004, 07:07 am »
I'm looking for information on the dual mono, all that you have at present.  Main concern is input impedance.  My ARC pre needs a minimum of 40k. Thanks

W.C.

NEWS
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2004, 09:07 am »
Very impressive news!!! :D

djbnh

Re: News
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2004, 03:35 pm »
Thanks for the Odyssey news, Klaus. I'm trying to save up $ for a pair of Lorelei, maybe by the time I get up the cash, the new color variants will be up for viewing online.

If anyone can tell me about the pros and cons of the digital amps v. the Stratos I own, that'd be nice. Also, it would be helpful to have some information about the mentioned Tempest improvements and how that could improve my current Tempest.  :?:

pugs

Re: News
« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2004, 04:14 pm »
If anyone can tell me about the pros and cons of the digital amps v. the Stratos I own, that'd be nice. Also, it would be helpful to have some information about the mentioned Tempest improvements and how that could improve my current Tempest.  :?:[/quote]

I too would like to know

Barry

NEWS
« Reply #6 on: 8 Mar 2004, 05:49 pm »
Wonderful news!!!  I'm still seeking for a good location at Central, Hong Kong.  Not all commercial building accept hifi showroom in the building and we get turn-down a couple of times.  Will post here when we finalize the showroom here.   I'm looking forward to make the new products available for Hong Kong.

Barry

Pirate

NEWS
« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2004, 09:24 pm »
Wow... Matching speakers to go with colored faceplates :thumb:  Just courious....will the colors be close to the Merlin reds and blues or are you going Porche Red and Chevy blue? 8)

When does my order ship :singing: ?

Doug_B

Re: NEWS
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2004, 01:30 am »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
...there will be an Extreme version of the Tempest.  There are 2 stages,  a.  a mymetal shielding transformer,  and b.  the topline SL   board.  Prices are $ 200.  & $ 300.  each.

Klaus,

The Tempest is still in my plans, just not quite time yet. How would you describe what these enhancements do to the sound?

Thanks.

Doug

KarlDL

NEWS
« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2004, 04:20 pm »
Well, I was going to pack up my Tempest last week and send it to Indianapolis for a remote control mod.  Perhaps I should wait until the new circuit boards are in.  Very curious as to the sonic advantages of the upgrade.   Gotta call Klaus.