The Absolute Sound Interview

rlee8394

The Absolute Sound Interview
« on: 25 Aug 2010, 09:49 pm »
I just downloaded the October issue of TAS. Neil Gader's Back Page article on page 136 is entitled Ten Questions for Frank Van Alstine, President and Designer, Audio byVan Alstine. It's a short read, but nice nonetheless. Great photo of Frank and Stanley! :D Good press for Frank and AVA in general. Give it a read if you're able.

Ron

AVnerdguy

Re: The Absolute Sound Interview
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2010, 10:38 pm »
Very nice article.  I always pick up my equipment personally and he is gracious and informative. The photo captures the man perfectly. He really enjoys what he does and it shows. I didn't know he was into cars though or I might have challenged him to an autocross while I was there!

turkey

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2010, 01:35 pm »
I didn't know he was into cars though or I might have challenged him to an autocross while I was there!

Many years ago there was a humorous article that mentioned Frank in one of the magazines.

It said something like: "Frank recently drove from New York back to Minnesota and it took him two weeks because he kept stopping to rebuild and improve the engine of his Audi."

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2010, 04:08 pm by turkey »

martyo

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2010, 02:06 pm »
Many years ago there was a humorous article in one of the magazines that mentioned Frank.

It said something like: "Frank recently drove from New York back to Minnesota and it took him two weeks because he kept stopping to rebuild and improve the engine of his Audi."

That's funny, classic. :lol: 8)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2010, 10:38 pm »
Hard copy is out now.

rcag_ils

« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2010, 12:31 am »
I read the interview, it was a very nice interview and picture. I think TAS shouldn't have limited the interview to just 10 questions. They should have done a more extensive interview, I am sure Frank has a lot more to talked about from his 40 years of audio designing experience.

I wish TAS had asked more about Frank's product.

gregmav

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2010, 01:29 am »
I just downloaded the October issue of TAS. Neil Gader's Back Page article on page 136 is entitled Ten Questions for Frank Van Alstine, President and Designer, Audio byVan Alstine. It's a short read, but nice nonetheless. Great photo of Frank and Stanley! :D Good press for Frank and AVA in general. Give it a read if you're able.

Ron

Odd.  I went to the TAS website and it lists the SEPTEMBER issue.  No sign of the October issue.  Page 136 has 10 questions for Arturo Manzano, not Frank.  Can you either post Frank's 10 questions, e-mail them to me or point me in the right direction to find it myself?  Many thanks.

Nevermind.  I found it.