SOLD - VMPS RM30C Center - Piano Black, TRT / For Sale

RickRichardson

I have an ad in the classified section for my VMPS RM30C, piano black with TRT & CDWG.  I am asking $995.  I have the original shipping box.  130 lbs via UPS from 92028.  Or come down to Fallbrook, CA for some avocados and pick it up.  This is the best center speaker I have ever heard, but I can't fit it in to my downsized system. 
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2010, 06:32 am by RickRichardson »

garyc1

Re: VMPS RM30C Center - Piano Black, TRT / For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 04:54 pm »
I would love the speaker but I have had bad luck recently with shipping so I don't want to chance it.  It is a long trip - but we will think about it...

Gary

RickRichardson

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 12:46 am »
Gary,
I have the original box and materials for shipping.  I don't know if you have seen VMPS speaker packing, but it is pretty good.  The speaker is shielded on the sides by 2" thick plastic covered foam, and on each end by 4" of foam.  Shipping is always a pain and a headache, but if you don't have a local Stereo store in your neighborhood that carries the kind of speaker you want ----- wait, I forgot, those don't exist anymore.  Shipping is a necessary evil, but with good packing and insurance, it is the best we can do. 

I tried probably eight different center speakers before deciding on the RM30.  That includes one and then two VMPS QSO 626 Ribbon monitors.  I found the 626 monitors to be better than any speakers I had tried, especially for the clarity of dialog.  When I put in the RM30, I found it to be noticably better than using two 626's.  I suppose this is because of the three ribbon panels in the RM30.  My new setup will just not have the room for this speaker, or I would not let it go. 

RickRichardson

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2010, 06:31 am »
The speaker has been SOLD.