Tube lust - Carver Silver 7

mgalusha

Tube lust - Carver Silver 7
« on: 22 Apr 2010, 02:15 am »
While I've never heard a pair, the Carver Silver 7 amps were some serious tube amps. A pair of near mint ones for sale on eBay. eBay listing  :drool: :drool:

JoshK

Re: Tube lust - Carver Silver 7
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2010, 02:25 am »
Holy crap! Look at the size of those transformers!  I wonder if they have decent bandwidth?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2010, 02:58 am »
The mind boggles....

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2010, 03:30 pm »
Huh,...  I too have a pair of ''new'' unused Carver monoblocks, it is the Silver 9T from Dec1992, 120V, made in USA, with black acrylic platform, original cartoon box, bought at SoundCity dealer(NYC).
They are really never used(except 30 minutes in 2003 for testing), since then I turn on then every sunday at 60Volts for capacitor charge.
Anyone interest in buying??  (sorry it is not a tube amp, have 10 pairs of Toshiba output transistors).

mikeeastman

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2010, 03:48 pm »
Here is link to a Carver site I am member, I think you will likely find someone their that will be interested  http://thecarversite.com/

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:37 pm »
Here is link to a Carver site I am member, I think you will likely find someone their that will be interested  http://thecarversite.com/
Thanks friend for the link.   I think could hard to sell my Silver 9T there due the ship cost, as this amp is here with me in Brazil.
Anyway thankyou,  Gustavo

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2010, 11:22 pm »
The people who did hear them at CarverFest 09 said that they were pretty impressive. 
A little out of my price range, though.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2010, 02:09 am »
Damn that's some serious tubeage going on there.  8)  Someone's gonna be one happy camper for sure.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

R_burke

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2010, 10:29 pm »
Damn that's some serious tubeage going on there.  8)  Someone's gonna be one happy camper for sure.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Only if you live in some really cold climate  :lol:  They gotta put out some serious HEAT

dangerbird

« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:32 pm »
The seller had a few pairs at Carverfest,, we listened to them almost everyday,and they are in fact impressive to look and listen to,,IIRC Mr Carver designed these so that the tubes would last for years,,as re-tubing these puppies ain't cheap. I think the new owner will be pleased. :eyebrows:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2010, 12:31 am »
Reserve not me - I guess James had it set at 20K.

nunhgrader

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jun 2010, 09:03 pm »
Wow - bad*ss!

Bet that puppy is nice during the winter :)