AK Fest

yoder

AK Fest
« on: 6 Jan 2010, 01:51 am »
Danny,

After seeing your RMAF room photos, wondering if you would make it up to AK Fest?

Thanks,
Dave

emac

Re: AK Fest
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2010, 02:20 am »
Excellent idea!

I may be speaking for myself here, but I'm sure that there would be at least a couple of people in the Michigan area who would be happy to help you with whatever you would need to be able to come to AK Fest.   

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2010, 12:29 pm »
Yeah Danny, the snow should be gone by then.  Get Gary to come with you.   :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2010, 10:39 pm »
I had not gone in the past because of the distance of the drive and the small scale size of the show. But I will seriously consider it this year.

I might even have to do the Lone Star Audio Fest this year. It is a really small scale show but it is practically in my own back yard.

emac

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2010, 01:25 am »
Good to hear Danny. 

cujobob

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2010, 01:45 am »
Yeah, would love to know if you're going to attend...but the rooms for the AKfest are quite small.  There were few truly impressive rooms last year.

emac

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:14 am »
Yeah, would love to know if you're going to attend...but the rooms for the AKfest are quite small.  There were few truly impressive rooms last year.

Good point.  Would be difficult to get something like the Venue to sound optimal in the rooms they were using. 

yoder

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:51 am »
How small are the rooms?  I'll be heading there for the first time this year.

cujobob

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2010, 04:04 am »
There were only a couple of rooms of decent size.  Salk had one of the bigger rooms.

Most were quite small....probably no more than 8 ft away from the speakers in many rooms.

MaxCast

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2010, 02:33 pm »
It is in a different hotel this year, but I have yet to see a layout or dimensions.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #10 on: 8 Jan 2010, 02:38 pm »
From what I've heard, the rooms at the new hotel sound very similar to those at RMAF.  I'm probably going to be there this year.

Bryan

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #11 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:54 pm »
I'm going this year for sure.  It's nice to have something less than a 20hr drive from me.  It looks to be growing a bit once again this year too, so hopefully it will be a good time.