For Sale: SP Technology Timepiece Minis w/ pair of VTI Stands

thetaalpha970

Great condition, 2 minor surface scratches on the bottom right speaker that you will never see or even think about once you hear them.
Truly amazing speakers...imaging, transparency, depth, it's all there. The VTI stands are solid and a nice addition. If I could buy speakers all over again, I would do business again with Bob.

Thanks, and feel free to respond with any questions or concerns.

$2000 shipping included

« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010, 06:18 pm by thetaalpha970 »

jwes

Can you please post the specs on these and the original price?  Now that SP Tech is out of business, I need to find out more about the mini's...  Thanks!

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY

JDUBS

Can you please post the specs on these and the original price?  Now that SP Tech is out of business, I need to find out more about the mini's...  Thanks!

I dint think they went out of business but instead changed names to Aether Audio.

Jim

jwes

Right - I saw the Aether Audio thing, but that site didn't go up yet.  I don't know, as I have followed years of postings on various business issues the poor guy has been subjected to.  Hopefully Aether will show up and he'll do speakers!

Does anyone know the frequency response of these minis?  Didn't see it on Tweek Geek archived page...

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Timepiece Mini
Impedance 8-Ohms
Sensitivity 87dB@1W/1M
Frequency Response (anechoic) 42Hz-22KHz +/- 2dB
-3dB Points (anechoic) 40Hz & 24KHz
Bass Alignment Proprietary 4th order Hybrid Reflex
Power Handling (Long Term) 100 Watts (I.E.C. 268-5)
Power Handling (Short Term) 250 Watts (I.E.C. 268-5)
Crossover Type 4th order L-R Acoustic @ 800Hz
Dimensions 16.5"H x 9.5"W x 12.75"D
Weight 38 lbs. Each

jwes

Thanks!

thetaalpha970

Recently Bob and I touched base about the whole Aether Audio thing...basically, whether you buy new then or used now you will be in great shape with these speakers!
Also, I am selling an Odyssey amp here as well that pairs really well with the timepieces. I can't imagine a better combo for the price!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
jwes,

I don't know, as I have followed years of postings on various business issues the poor guy has been subjected to.  Hopefully Aether will show up and he'll do speakers!

Thanks my friend... you have no idea what it's taken to keep me from throwing in the towel.  But... I & Aether Audio are now here for you guys once again.  Basically, I decided to stop taking orders for the first 6 months or so of this year so we could get caught up on old orders and straighten the mess out.  As a result, I'm fully in charge of things now and you can be darn sure Aether Audio will never get into the mess SP Tech did.

Just in case anybody is interested, from here on out for a few months, when I quote lead times they're gonna be longer than in the past - that way I've covered my butt and nobody gets discouraged.  You wanna buy and wait a bit?  Cool.  If not, I understand as everybody has to go with what works for them.  Either way we're in good shape now as the financial situation no longer depends on the production levels that SP Tech did.

Anyway... you'll see when the new website is up.  In the mean time, I highly suggest that anybody interested in this pair of Minis... to snag them up ASAP.  The one price increase that Aether Audio is forced to make is on them... they're going up $500.00 and that's just the way it has to be.  On top of that, the new $2995.00 price is based on a satin painted (pigmented) finish.  If you want hardwood as these puppies that are being offered, expect to ante up another $500.00 if you order new ones from us.

Again, I make no apologies as the Minis blow away numerous other products at several times their new price... and I learned the hard way - if we don't make money then we can't keep building speakers.

So... some lucky person is gonna get one pretty good deal at the $2K price this pair is being offered at.  If it were me and I was considering them... SOLD!  Ha... but (someday  :() I'll just build a pair for myself.  :green:

Take care,
-Bob

thetaalpha970

Bob, so good to hear from you on this. Thanks for the bump.

kylling

Re: For Sale: SP Technology Timepiece Minis w/ pair of VTI Stands
« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2009, 01:10 pm »
Flawless condition. Truly amazing speakers...imaging, transparency, depth, it's all there. The VTI stands are solid and a nice addition. I am only selling these due to family illness. If I could buy speakers all over again, I would do business again with Bob.

Thanks, and feel free to respond with any questions or concerns.

$2000

thetaalpha970

bump

audiojanitor

« Reply #12 on: 23 Nov 2009, 05:42 pm »
Hi I am interested in your speakers. Where are you located?

Randy Smith
randys@rogers.com
519 620 7061

thetaalpha970

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2010, 04:13 pm »
Birmingham, AL
several offers
no takers
modified condition
shipping now included!

thetaalpha970

« Reply #14 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:17 pm »
updated picture of the surface scratches, larger top left and small center.

rocker9999

« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2010, 03:59 am »
have these been sold?????