Great night. . .simply great! (Wilco content)

pjchappy

Great night. . .simply great! (Wilco content)
« on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:53 am »
Well, I'm still amped up from tonight's concert.  Got to see Wilco again.  However, this time, I got to do a meet and greet w/ about 30 others.  It was kinda funny how most didn't just walk up and say hi, etc.  They were there to meet a few fans. . . and I met them.  I was of course a bit disappointed everyone but Tweedy was there.  Regardless, I talked to their bassist and lead guitarist the most, followed by the drummer.  Even did a bit of short, geeky banter about their equipment.  Simply a fantastic night.  I got the "VIP" pass late in the night, so I had to ditch a few people and then taxi it back.  Worth every penny. 

I also chatted a bit about their recent Farm Aid show in St. Louis (this past Sunday).  It was funny to hear about who else played, etc.

Doing a ranking game, Wilco is my 3rd favorite of all time.  It's funny how some just don't realize they're just people and were too shy to walk up and say hi!!!

Anyways, I am very, very happy/grateful/etc. about tonight's show!  They never have disappointed and they are not only great musicians, but absolutely great entertainers.  One of the greatest memories I'll have.

« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2009, 12:08 am by pjchappy »

bprice2

Re: Great night. . .simply great!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2009, 06:20 pm »
Nice to hear.  I'll be seeing them tomorrow night.

pjchappy

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2009, 12:03 am »
Not sure if you've seen them before. . .or even if you're a fan.  If you like them, you are in for a treat!  They always put on a great show.  The crowd in KC is just not as enthusiastic as the crowds in St. Louis.  I've experienced that not only with Wilco, but another band, too.

Anyways, here's a review of last night's show:

Wilco (The Review)

TRM

Re: Great night. . .simply great! (Wilco content)
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2009, 02:37 am »
St. Louis is a homecoming for Jeff so I'm sure that plays a role too.

bprice2

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2009, 03:16 pm »
Not sure if you've seen them before. . .or even if you're a fan.  If you like them, you are in for a treat!  They always put on a great show.  The crowd in KC is just not as enthusiastic as the crowds in St. Louis.  I've experienced that not only with Wilco, but another band, too.

Anyways, here's a review of last night's show:

Wilco (The Review)

I've not seen them before.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Thanks for posting the review. 

pjchappy

Re: Great night. . .simply great! (Wilco content)
« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2009, 07:47 pm »
Let us know how it goes.  Hope you have a great time!    :thumb: