« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2009, 02:35 am »
Very nice!

Peace,

Lee

JakeJ

Re: Jamming with Lou from Daedalus
« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2009, 05:49 pm »
Hi Pez,

Well I'm a day late and a dollar short again on what's happenin' with the Pez and Tyson coverage...again:oops:

That is some tasty blues work right there , Mr. Hinkley.  And the recording quality is just astonishing considering the device used.  :thumb:

In reference to the recordings made I noticed that Tyson's interview recording are not as clear and I had bit of hard time making out some of it on Frank Van Alstine's and Klaus' interviews.  Did Pez do something different?  Just curious.

Again, pretty phenomenal coverage.  Wish I could put more time on the PC but life is throwing some curve balls right now.

BR,
JakeJ

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2009, 05:56 pm »
You're not going to believe me if I tell you. But it's true.  Wayne, Lou and everyone else who heard the recording couldn't believe it either.

Then I used Garageband for leveling and conversion. Seriously.

We were playing on the Daedalus setup via CD and it, how did someone put it? It sounded like a Chesky. While I don't know about that, I can agree it sounded darn good.

Oh and Zybar, to say Lou is DAMN GOOD is an understatement.  :wink:

What app do you use?  I've been wanting to do this.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #23 on: 29 Oct 2009, 02:56 am »
Pez
Great job!  Bravo to Lou. 

So it's a mono recording done completely w/ a sum total one Apple i-phone?  What generation?  What is the:
software
bit rate/sampling rate 

Thanks!

Did you read the long article re-posted here at AC stating that, in a scientific setting in several pro recording & high end systems, professional & high-end listeners displayed only random certainty when a high-rez format was dowscaled to Red Book specs?  It was an interesting read, though I don't know if it accounted for potential audio problems caused by a CD's laser reading section (the physical CD itself being read).   

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 29 Oct 2009, 02:23 pm »
The app is nothing more than the voice recorder app that comes preinstalled with 3.0. The phone i'm using is the 3G. I'm not sure the bit rate etc but it's more than adequate for an on the spot spur of the moment single person performance. Lou's perfomance proves that. :thumb:

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 29 Oct 2009, 06:22 pm »
So Pez ushers in members needing to add their recording equipment chain in their system description!

Good on ya, & Lou too! 

Pez

« Reply #26 on: 14 Oct 2010, 11:11 pm »
Unstickied for now