FS: !!!! SOLD!!!!! Kuzma TT + ARM >> Stabi "s" + Stogi "s" + Xtras

toobluvr

It pains me to do this, but finances force this sale.

Accessories and extras....no charge for Blu-Tak weight blobs   8)

The "pipebomb".

Complete with platform, dustcover and clamp.

See more photos in my gallery:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=2199

This is a great setup!  The Kuzma name may not enjoy the brand recognition of some others, but let me tell you, it is no lightweight when it comes to performance!  I use the Kuzma Stogi "Reference" arm on my other table and it is superb.  I prefer it to some other big name arms I have owned, namely:  SME V and Graham 1.5 t/c.

Simply yet solidly constructed, I love the engineering on this kit.  As pleasing to the eye as it is to the ear, this setup is a perrenial favorite of TAS, and a Golden Ear award winner.  Check the reviews.   It excels at acoustic space and bass.  Background is warm, black, and silent allowing the music to really emerge with clarity and detail.

From the importer's website:
==============================================================================
"The Stabi S is our smallest turntable with a design approach normally found only in more expensive models. Includes brass weight.
Its unique shape and construction of solid brass rods, provide an extremely rigid connection to platter, bearing and tonearm support. There is no flat plate to resonate and transmit vibrations, only solid brass rods 50mm in diameter. A second brass rod provides stability and the two are clamped together in a T shape. The motor is housed independently in its own tower which dampens vibration of the motor itself. A ground, flat belt provides drive from the motor pulley to the subplatter. The bearing is of highly polished, fine grain carbon steel with a one point contact, while the bearing sleeve is of a resin/textile material which has excellent damping, non resonant properties. With a mat on top and rubber insert underneath, the platter provides a stable non-resonant platform for records which, in addition, can be clamped. The whole turntable is supported by an optional high density plywood plate. An acrylic cover protects platter and tonearm while reflecting the turntable s original shape. A 45 rpm adaptor is provided and is simply slipped over the 33 rpm pulley. The turntable can accommodate various tonearms by the use of different brass bases and it allows for VTA adjustment on any tonearm mounted."

"The Stogi S arm is a uni-pivot design with a unique, rigid head shell made from a solid aluminum block and a base of solid brass which control all vibration and facilitate stability of the tonearm as a whole. All parts of the arm are machined from blocks of solid metal, in order to provide damping and minimise resonance. The polished pivot point is sited in an oil well, which provides extremely low friction and bearing vibration. The height is at record level for optimum tracking. The silicone damping,controls resonance of the cartridge and also gives stability in azimuth direction. Two counterweights allow easy adjustments of tracking force and azimuth. Fine azimuth adjustment is achieved by rotation of a horizontal screw in the counterweight, which does not affect other tonearm parameters and which makes adjustment very simple. Wires are in one uninterrupted piece from headshell to RCA phono connectors. By special order, wiring can also be fitted in for balanced connection."

==========================================================================================   

*  Stabi "s"  table + brass clamp  + dustcover   ..........      $2240

*  Stogi "s"  uni-pivot arm w Cardas wiring       ..........        1225
   (one continuous piece, cartridge clips to RCA connectors)

*  brand new belt, zero hours                         ..........         150

*  (3) brand new sets of spare "O" rings     (a) ...........           90    ($10 each)

(a)  they dry out and crack over time, so it's nice to have extras

Prices shown above are MSRP.  See prices and info on the importer's website.

http://themusic.com/search.cfm?search_shop=gear&search_term=kuzma+stabi&search_type=basic&x=0&y=0

This table and arm are very easy to setup and a joy to use.  All adjustments, including VTA and azimuth, are precise and simply executed.  The included cartridge alignment protractor (2 null point method) is one of the best I have ever used, and quite easy on the eyes.  Simple and quick, I can lock in offset angle and overhang in about 5 minutes.

It is complete as if new:  All tools, setup template, manuals, paperwork, silicone fluid, bearing oil, box, packaging, 45 rpm adapter, etc.  The "O" rings go around the brass tubing and serve as the feet....the actual interface between table and shelf.  There is a brand new set installed.  I will also include three spare brand new sets, making you good for more than a lifetime.  Belt is brand new.  I will also include the belt (unknown age) it came with.

I prefer not to include the cartridge shown in the pics, but if you need it to make the deal happen, I will include it for an additional $300 ($680 list).  It is Dynavector 20X-H (high output version), has a few hundred hours on it, and is in perfect condition.

At my asking price, I will also include the maple butcher block platform in the pics. It works very well under this table.  I sanded, stained and finished it myself with 4 coats of satin poly.  Kuzma sells a maple block platform, but it is not as thick as mine, and it will cost ya $400.  Think you can "hear" a difference?     :roll:

The condition is excellent.  Everything works exactly as it should.  There are a few very small marks here and there, but only the seriously anally afflicted would be concerned.  Since I am not the original owner, I will conservatively call it 8/10 on the AG scale. 

I need to mention that there is a very slight wobble in the motor spindle.  I got it that way, and since I cannot hear any sonic effect whatsoever, it never bothered me and I never addressed it.  It was not disclosed to me when I bought it, and I only mention it because it is the right thing to do, not because I think audible performance is effected in any way whatsoever.   I am always complete, honest and thorough in my descriptions and audio dealings.  Those on this board that know me can vouch for that, as can my impeccable feedback on AG (under spelly).

Let me stress again, the table performs and sounds excellent. With ear pressed close  everything is dead quiet....no rubbing, no noise.  The speed stability is rock solid.  Measured with a KAB strobe it's accuracy is .1%....well within minimally acceptable levels.

My preference is for a local sale so the buyer can thoroughly check it out, listen to it, and be happy that all is fine.  But I do have all original packing materials, and will double box, for safe shipping.

Price  (a) :     $1850  $1550  (excluding cartridge) + PP fee + actual shipping costs.

(a)  price dropped Sept 9 to reflect cost to replace motor / spindle

Get this slice of analog heaven for reasonable money.  At my price, I think this setup is more than competitive with what's out there.  If you think my price is too high, make me an offer.  I won't be insulted.

Spend this much (and even more) on a digital rig and you will not get close to it's natural and smooth presentation, and warm, organic flow. 

Add a phono stage and you are set to go.  If the budget is tight I recommend the Vista Limited Edition sold here on AC (check the Vista Circle).  Don't be fooled by the low price.  I own it and it is really excellent!

Thanks for looking.

John

« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 01:19 pm by toobluvr »

toobluvr

I give good......

SOUND!

:lol:

Wayner

Very awesome looking table. It reminds me of my own ARMod in many ways. Is the framing made from brass mechanical tubing?

Wayner

toobluvr

It really is a cool table, Wayner.
I love the industrial look, and the user feel as well.

This description is from the distributor's website:

The Stabi S is our smallest turntable with a design approach normally found only in more expensive models. Includes brass weight.
Its unique shape and construction of solid brass rods, provide an extremely rigid connection to platter, bearing and tonearm support. There is no flat plate to resonate and transmit vibrations, only solid brass rods 50mm in diameter. A second brass rod provides stability and the two are clamped together in a T shape. The motor is housed independently in its own tower which dampens vibration of the motor itself. A ground, flat belt provides drive from the motor pulley to the subplatter. The bearing is of highly polished, fine grain carbon steel with a one point contact, while the bearing sleeve is of a resin/textile material which has excellent damping, non resonant properties. With a mat on top and rubber insert underneath, the platter provides a stable non-resonant platform for records which, in addition, can be clamped. The whole turntable is supported by an optional high density plywood plate. An acrylic cover protects platter and tonearm while reflecting the turntable s original shape. A 45 rpm adaptor is provided and is simply slipped over the 33 rpm pulley. The turntable can accommodate various tonearms by the use of different brass bases and it allows for VTA adjustment on any tonearm mounted.

Wayner

It must weigh a ton!

Blackmore

I just sent you a pm, but won't be back home until later tonight. 

Scott F.

I just sent you a pm, but won't be back home until later tonight.

Don't do it!!!!.....Don't do it!!!!   :lol: :rotflmao:  :lol:

:thumb: :green:

richidoo

This is my dream TT, I wish I were in buying mode.

My friend has this TT/arm, it sounds absolutely awesome.  And looks so cool.

toobluvr

Blackmore.......back at ya with PM.

toobluvr

Two interested parties at the moment, nothing firm yet.

If you are interested, jump off that fence and talk to me!

8)

Wayner

I looked in my pocket and all that came out was lint.  :bawl:

toobluvr

I looked in my pocket and all that came out was lint.  :bawl:

Lint gets ya a $50 credit!

:lol:

toobluvr

IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ!

I have no 45 records so for the first time today I put the adapter in place to make sure everything is OK.  It is simply a ring that fits right over the drive pulley and changes 33 rpm to 45 rpm.

Unfortunately, the slight spindle wobble (mentioned in my ad) causes the adapter to ride up and actually rub on the underside of the platter.  Obviously, 45 rpm playback is not possible.

The motor drive is a separate and stand alone unit, so I'm sure it can be easily repaired or replaced.   

Normal 33 rpm LPs sound wonderful on this deck.  I can discern no audible impairment from this situation, and everything is dead quiet.  Speed stability is perfect, as measured by KAB strobe.

Obviously, I need to reduce my asking price, but I don't know by how much.  If you are interested, please make an offer with this new situation in mind.

Thanks!
John

« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2009, 03:18 pm by toobluvr »

toobluvr

Farewell to summer BUMP!

:(

toobluvr

Reduced to $1550 (exclud cartridge) + PP fees + actual shipping.

I just learned that the motor / spindle drive can be replaced for $300 through the importer, so I have adjusted my price accordingly.

http://themusic.com/detail.cfm?id=450142

So your total cost to buy and fix is $1850, which is still a very reasonable 53% of list.  Check out other setups offered on AG.  Most rigs of this caliber and excellent condition are asking 60% to 70%.....sometimes more.

Once the motor/spindle has been replaced, the table will be like brand new with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Or do nothing at all and get a smokin' deal at 45% of list!.     :smoke:
If your vinyl collection is limited to 33 rpm, you are all set.  It plays them perfectly!

And don't forget, I also include these extras:

* maple butcher block platform                   ($400 from Kuzma)

* brand new belt, zero hours                      ( $150 list)

* brand new spare O-rings, 3 sets of 3         ($90 list)   

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 06:58 pm by toobluvr »

toobluvr

Audiogon, here I come!

8)

toobluvr

toobluvr

Deposit received.......SALE PENDING!

:dance:

7 days on here.............560 views and nothing else......nada....zilch.

Less than 24 hrs on AG...........1300+ views and 3 offers!       :thumb: 

In my experience, always more fertile ground over there.

kenreau

7 days on here.............560 views and nothing else......nada....zilch.

Less than 24 hrs on AG...........1300+ views and 3 offers!       :thumb: 

In my experience, always more fertile ground over there.

Congrats toobluvr!   aa    I have had the same experience here for some reason  :scratch: 

Ciao,
Ken

AB

Every day I look at TTs over on Agon and I am always amazed how quickly well regarded, well priced TTs sell.