Dayens Ampino Stereo Integrated Amp

muj

Re: Dayens Ampino Stereo Integrated Amp
« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2010, 11:40 am »
bump?

pardales

« Reply #21 on: 2 Mar 2010, 03:55 am »
Anyone aware of American distribution for the Ampino yet or still Serbia direct?

Mariusz

« Reply #22 on: 2 Mar 2010, 04:07 am »
I am going to purchase Ampino amp for the AC tour.
It is a matter of few weeks.
Tour piece will be available for sell at atractive price.

Stay tune for announcements.

Best
Mariusz

dburna

« Reply #23 on: 2 Mar 2010, 04:12 am »
Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!  Count me in.....if it's OK to get on the list.   :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

-dB

Mariusz

« Reply #24 on: 2 Mar 2010, 04:26 am »
Just need to wire the money and we should be good to go.

(price of the unit with upgraded caps will be a steal but I do not think that I have a room for another amp. So, tour sample discount will be pass on to AC members)

Best
Mariusz

santacore

« Reply #25 on: 2 Mar 2010, 04:42 am »
I'm still in for the tour if it happens. :thumb:

Mariusz

« Reply #26 on: 2 Mar 2010, 04:55 am »
Both of you guys are on the top of the list.
I have some other things coming (for AC Tour) as well.
See if you are interested? (DAC/preamp/head-amp from Maverick Audio).

Cheers
Mariusz

pardales

« Reply #27 on: 2 Mar 2010, 11:30 am »
Count me in on the Ampino tour! Thank you for putting it together, again: the Miniwatt still resides in my system.  :D

ebag4

« Reply #28 on: 2 Mar 2010, 01:29 pm »
I'm up for the Ampino tour as well!

Best,
Ed

jrebman

« Reply #29 on: 6 Mar 2010, 04:18 am »
Hi Mariusz,

Is it still possible to get in on the ampino tour?

Thanks,

Jim

mlgill

• Industry Participant
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2010, 11:10 pm »
Ampino has a US distributor.  Google  Dayens Audio Ampino and you will see all the info there. Cheers

Wind Chaser

« Reply #31 on: 10 Aug 2010, 01:50 pm »
Got one (with the cap upgrade) on the way.

muj

« Reply #32 on: 12 Aug 2010, 05:26 pm »

denjo

« Reply #33 on: 16 Aug 2010, 09:56 am »
I've recently auditioned the Crayon CFA-1 in my home and still think it may 'better' my Gryphon. In ten days I've scheduled another home audition, this one for the AtmaSphere M60III & M30III (Promitheus TVC & Tube step up - German High End XLR). My MWI Sony 9100ES SigTruth TubePS will have to suffice as source but I know it well (my TT still 'ups' my CDP). I mainly use Zu cables, btw.
John
John: how did the further audition of the Crayon CFA-1 go? Any update on your listening impressions?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #34 on: 19 Aug 2010, 03:53 pm »
As of now I have had the Ampino for 8 days.  With a little more than 50 hours of total running time and modest ancillaries I’m in no position to concur or dispute to the full extent of Srajan’s ultra enthusiastic review.  However what I can say is the Ampino is one extraordinary high definition amplifier.  Even at low volumes, music is released with such a high level of integrity that is sooooooo captivating the volume control is forgotten!  This is hard to explain so bear with me.

In the same way high definition video images are incredibly sharper and more vivid with greater depth of field than DVD videos; music flowing from the Ampino in the same way is crystal clear, unfettered and uninhibited.  The localization of every nuance is distinct and separate from every other sound.  That is not to say it sounds analytical in the T amp / Tripath style.  No, this is warmer, easier on the ears without any artificial or forced excitement.  Call it liberated.  The soundscape is deep and wide, and everything within it embodies it’s own space. 

What I find most interesting is how nimble this amp remains when things get busy.  Complex orchestrations are handled with the same prompt grace as simple arrangements.  Only when it begins to run out of steam does the Ampino blend in with the crowd and seem like a common amplifier. However within it’s capacity, the dynamic swing between soft and loud passages is remarkable…  As the amp continues to log more running time, I notice the tone becoming richer.  With less than 100 hours it’s still very early and I’m sure the best is yet to come.

I don’t have anything relevant on hand to compare with it.  The last half decent amp I had in the house was a Virtue Audio One (Tripath) with an upgraded power supply.  I’ve always liked the Tripath sound, which in my opinion is easily identifiable.  That is not to say they all the same, but they do share the same characteristics.  Tripath / T-amps are lively and detailed at the expense of warmth.  What they do well, they do remarkably well.  The Virtue and DIY Charlize are my personal favorites of seven different Tripath amplifiers I have owned, but I still prefer something with some warmth.  Warmth is good

To my ears, the Ampino is a sure step up from the Tripath sound, the obvious difference being in temperament.  All the Tripath amplifiers I’ve heard / owned sound ‘high strung’ and ‘in your face’ by comparison.  Putting a tube in front either as a buffer or a preamp, helps mitigate the edginess, but it doesn’t change the inherent nature of the Tripath sound.  The signature of Ampino is more relaxed and at ease.  It may be a matter of preference or system synergy, but the personality of the Dayens is more ‘easy going’ than the choleric nature of the Tripath. 

If 25 watts (40 watts at 4 ohms) is enough oomph to drive your speakers, I can’t imagine anyone not being very, very satisfied with the Dayens Ampino.  Over the years I’ve owned a few SETs, EL84 and 2A3, some Pass Labs, Levinson and Audio Research Stereophile class A rated amplifiers and all of them very good…  But the Ampino, well it’s so inexpensive by comparison, and yet I seriously think it has the potential to embarrass all of the above.  It is one very musical instrument.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2010, 09:58 am by Wind Chaser »

denjo

« Reply #35 on: 20 Aug 2010, 02:21 am »
Wind Chaser: thanks for the well written review of the Ampino! What speakers are you pairing with the Ampino?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #36 on: 20 Aug 2010, 02:35 am »
Small room so the speakers are small - Totem Mites.  I briefly pulled the Horns out of retirement, but the Mites are far more balanced.  If I had a bigger room, I'd be looking at something by Gedlee or the GR Research Venuettes.

bunky

« Reply #37 on: 16 Sep 2010, 01:22 am »
today i just talked to the USA distributor for Dayens and he said the new shipment for Ampino is a week and a half away.he convinced me to buy a demo unit of the Dayens Menuetto integrated which is 40wpc and comes standard with Mundorf capacitors. he assured me that the Menuetto is more fleshed out and has better bottom end and it is even better sounding than its smaller sibling the Ampino. he said he is shipping it tomorrow  :thumb: being a dyed in the wool tube guy i will keep my fingers crossed.

wilsynet

« Reply #38 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:18 am »
What's the pricing from the US distributor on the Ampino and Menuetto?

Checked the Arte Forma web site, but didn't see a price list.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #39 on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:26 am »
The Ampino was $650 with the upgraded caps, no idea on what the pricing is for the other models. 

Bunky, I've owned a few tube amps over the years SETs, PP, 2A3, EL84, an Audio Research Classic 30 - can't remember everything off the top of my head, but I'm sure of this... if the Menuetto is even better than the Ampino (or at least as good) you'll be all smiles.  It needs some time to burn in, at least 100 hours and you will hear the difference as it unfolds along the way.  If you have a couple different sources, this amp will clarify exactly what those differences are.  It will bring your speakers to life in away you had not previously imagined possible.  You'll rediscover all your music as if it had been re-mastered and re-issued.  The Dayens Ampino is outrageously revealing in a good way that is easy on the ears.