FS Onix Melody SP3 Integrated Tube Amp $450

daimbert

FS Onix Melody SP3 Integrated Tube Amp $450
« on: 14 Jun 2009, 09:41 pm »
Hello everyone...

I am selling some of my equipment in order to pay for my graduate studies for the fall. First on the list my Onix SP3 integrated tube amp. I brought this amp when I got the bug to try out tubes for the first time. It has been favorable rated in sixmoon and is generally considered a bestbuy for first time tube amplification. It sounds fantastic in running my Green Mountain Europas and will be a great addition in any system. It also is a fantastic hefty looking amp and has been the centerpiece in my system for quite awhile. Once I got it I changed out the standard onix 12AX7 Tube and brought a set of groove tubes which once again changed the entire sound of the amp. The amp looks flawless except for a extremely small water mark blemish on the finish on the lower left hand corner of the face place. I believe this occurred when my wife was cleaning and accidentally sprayed it on the tube amp. It is honestly quite unnoticeable and can only been seen under extreme scrutiny.

I own the original boxes but do not have the manual (which was one sheet anyway) nor the cotton gloves that came with SP3. I am willing to ship (11379) but wouldn't mind local pickup since this amp weighs a whopping 57lbs. Buyer pays for shipping. Will take money order, personal checks, and paypal (add 3%). Will ship once money order, personal, and paypal clears.

The price is $450. This originally cost me 999 from av123. Here are some other specs. My lost your gain.

Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
Class AB
Power Rating: 38W x 2
Manually adjustable bias: 1.15V
Input Impedance: 250K Ohms
Output Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
Input Sensitivity: 380 mV
S/N Ratio: >90dB / T.H.D - 1% (standard tube spec)
Dimensions (WxHxD): 11.9" x 8.1" x 13.25"
Weight: 56 lbs.
Tube Complement:
4 X 5881
2 X 12AX7
2 X 6922
2 X 12AU7

Reviews:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/onix/onix.html
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/amplifiers/onix-melody-sp3-tube-integrated-amplifier-review

Here are some pics

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 07:55 pm by daimbert »