Oppo BDP-83 Universal Blue Ray player mods....starting at $175!!!!

Ric Schultz

The Oppo Blue Ray/Universal player (plays Blue Ray, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, HDCD, etc. multichannel and two channel) is finally being shipped to people who signed up on Oppos site and will be available for the general public sometime next month ($500 selling price, a steal!).  We have one here and we have worked out the first level of mods.  This thing sounds amazing with just the $175 first level.  We put a better AC inlet that grips the cord better, remove some veiling parts on the input of the main power supply, change the recitifying diodes to some soft recovery types, damp the transport, and modify the output stages of all 10 channels, eliminating all coupling caps, and shortening the signal path mucho....for instance, we eliminated 14 solder joints and twelve parts on the two channel outs.  We also damp some other parts and do some other proprietary mods.  The sound is seriously good now.  We can install our new output stage/regulators on the two channel outs for an additional $200 (this is about as good an output stage as there is).  We will also have a way of controling the volume with probably a four position switch on the rear so this could be used with the digital volume control in the Oppo (volume control buttons on the remote) to drive amps directly with out losing bits for seriously transparent sound.  We will be doing more advanced mods, as well.  We will have more info on our website soon.  Please call 831-338-2896 for more info.
« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2009, 09:09 pm by Ric Schultz »

Ric Schultz

We have updated the website on the Oppo BDP-83 mods and pricing and should have all mods done by late next week.  We have a stock machine here and a modded one so I can report the various differences between the mods and stock as they are implemented.  Level one is done and a tremendous upgrade.  I will post more soon.

Ric Schultz

I have added more to the Oppo page and also added a page describing how our mods differ from others and the fact that we will be giving a 30 day money back gaurantee with our mods.  You no likey.....you return for refund and get a stock new unit back!  http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_BDP-83_Mods.html