Selah Audio custom mtmww kit.....

Christof

Selah Audio custom mtmww kit.....
« on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:08 pm »
I commissioned Rick Craig to design a 3-way for me based on my music preferences and larger sized room.  I built these speakers into a prototype cabinet and listened to them for a little less than a year.  I listen predominately to jazz (think Mediski, Martin & Wood) and really enjoy acoustic jazz ensambles.  Rick took this music style into consideration with this design.  My room is big so I requested these speakers not be lacking in the bass dept, I really like to feel stringed instruments like the upright bass & piano.  The crossover components were spec'd as Sonicap with Mundorf Silver/Gold bypass*.  I am a professional woodworker/cabinet builder and have built many pairs of speakers, including a few for Selah.  I was very careful when soldering components and mounting drivers.  You could really consider this kit as "just burned in".  My budget for this kit was quite high and there was a rather extensive design process between Rick and I to realize this speaker.  There are well over $2k worth of drivers and XO parts, you will just need cabinets, binding posts and internal wiring.  Rick can give you more specifics on this design and how it might compare to others he has done such as the RC5 design.  I am selling this as a kit because the cabinets which I have them in are unfinished prototypes.  I have decided, based on the size of my room (over 1000sq.ft) that I will be build a pair of larger line arrays and sub arrays in the near future.  Please feel to PM me for specific info on these.  Below is a list of drivers that will be included in this kit:

2ea ScanSpeak 6600 AirCirc tweeters
4ea Seas Excel Nextel 5" midrange
4ea. Seas Prestige 10" Aluminum Woofers

If you have read this far you probably already know about the drivers above.  They are every bit of $1700 from Madisound.  The XO's have well over $300 in caps just in the hi/mid networks.  Rick told me he estimated this speaker in the $6k range, finished.  If you are not a DIY person I can fabricate custom cabinets for this speaker but the current wait is around 4 mos. for anything new coming out of my shop.

Asking $1700 or highest offer

Here they are in cabs (buyer can have the prototype cabs but you must pick them up from my shop

Thanks for looking
Chris
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 11:50 pm by Christof »

RodMCV

Re: Selah Audio custom mtmww kit.....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2009, 02:42 am »
  Hay there;

I think my SP Tech Revs would do great in that room!

And they could be yours, think about it, wow, it could happen:)

Rod

Christof

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:46 pm »
^^^^^^

usp1

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2009, 08:45 pm »
If that is a prototype box, I cant imagine what a finsihed one looks like. Beautiful baffle.

Christof

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2009, 09:11 pm »
If that is a prototype box, I cant imagine what a finsihed one looks like. Beautiful baffle.

Yes, it's a bent 3/4" mdf prototype cabinet.  I have matching solid walnut panels, cut shaped and finished ready for the back panels.  I wanted the backs to look as good as the fronts.

Seriously guys, someone with a little bit of DIY in their blood could finish these cabinets up pretty easily and have some great speakers for cost of parts.  The inside is lined with NoRez from GR all you need is a little spare time to finish the cabs.

Angaria

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2009, 04:02 am »
Beautiful cabinet.  Did you kerf the mdf or bend it some other way?

Christof

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2009, 12:19 pm »
Thanks.  I kerfed the corners, filled them with epoxy and then bent them.

Christof

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2009, 12:19 am »
^^^^^selah

Christof

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jun 2009, 11:45 pm »
June bump.....

Christof

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2009, 11:16 pm »
Time to part these out...pm me if you are interested in drivers.