My Capacitor comparisons: Mundorfs, VCap, Sonicap Platinum, Auricap, etc

MarkR7

• Go Hawks!
Should probably start a new thread for resistors, and keep this a capacitor thread....

With that being said, I am using NOS Shinkoh tantalum resistors in the signal path for my Almarro upgrade.

How about resistors, guys? I would be interested in which resistors give the most open and transparent sound without adding any graininess? Is there a thread for a resistor comparo?
And then we should move on to switches. Which switch provides provides the widest soundstage?

HAITIMAN

Thanks.

And go 'Hawks.

MarkR7

• Go Hawks!
Haha! Yes, go Hawks!!

Jon L

How about resistors, guys? I would be interested in which resistors give the most open and transparent sound without adding any graininess?

Resistors are often much harder to "roll" and compare, but if you are not looking for any extra flavors, warmth, etc, the Vishay "Naked" Z-Foil resistor is extremely transparent without grain.
http://www.partsconnexion.com/resistors_vishay_var.html

bardamu

Hello,
I am the proud owner of a virtue sensation amp which has a 100nf cap between pre- and power amp. Already did replace the stock cap with a polysterene one. Just a high grade cap bought in a surplus shop a decade ago. Now after one year i wanna try the russian K40-Y9. I did read somewhere that it could be an advantage to replace the wires because they are steel. Because there is a plastic cover on the cap i was thinking maybe just mount them pointing up into the air.
I know the inner foil is on the side where the K is on the inscription so that side should be on the power amp side if i am right. Would it be better to keep the connection short on the inner or the outer foil side? I think i have enough space on the circuit board to choose where i have the shortest wire.
Sincere greetings, Edward
p.s also have the 200 volts teflon but they might be to big. Have the 600 volts too BUT i am almost sure they are to big. Also dont know if the teflon would be better.
I wanna buy another sensation for my bigger set here it will be used with a 12 db filter at 600 hertz to be used just for the lower frequencies. Maybe the teflon could be better there. I guess just have to try.