KECES PT-111 300W Isolation Transformer.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
KECES PT-111 300W Isolation Transformer.
« on: 11 Dec 2008, 03:07 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm proud to announce our "other" new toy than our sparkling new HA-171, it's our PT-111 Isolation Transformer.

In case anyone is wondering, yes we are out to drain your Christmas dollars. :icon_twisted: Whether it is money that you've saved up to for something else, or money from refunded Christmas gifts.  It's all fine with us.  :lol:

Hehehe, all jokes aside, our PT-111 transformer is built with a very efficient toroidal transformer that can support loads up to 300W without any problems.  Input is protected not only with a fuse, an added level of protection is provided by the built-in thermal cutoff switch that automatically cuts the transformer's power input when temperature is abnormally high.

Well, nuff said about the marketingese, here's some photos!

PT-111 front view with the hats off and innards exposed.

PT-111 top view, with the KECES Transformer logo, power control board, and AC outlet in full view.  At full load of 300W, the transformer barely gets warm.  A transformer of similar performance are often branded and sold as 450W, but we feel loading this transformer up to 300W is the reasonable limit. Load above and beyond 300W may not damage the transformer, but it could adversely affect the sound of your equipment while it is too heavily loaded.

Close up view of the power control board, the small power switch does not actually pass the power to the transformer, it switch on a high current relay to do the job.  This board uses regular IEC socket, for those who want to upgrade to IeGO sockets (Gold plated copper or 99.99% pure silver), the custom power control board is being made as of now, and will need around two weeks before it is ready.

Cooper Wiring devices' Hospital Grade IG8300 AC outlet.  One of the very best socket that we found that is available at reasonable cost.  For the best performance, we made sure the transformer's output is direct enamel wires coming from the core of transformer, reducing the added connection and disruption to the core.

Business end of PT-111, two AC outlet for the equipments that you might have.

Voltage?
This is an ISOLATION transformer, not a LINE CONDITIONER nor Constant Voltage transformer, thus the voltage on the output is directly proportional to the input voltage, except it is fully isolated and a LOT cleaner than what it used to be.
Version suitable for use 100~130V power lines are in stock.
200~260V, step up or step down versions are available upon request, and will take about 7 days before it is ready for shipment.

For customers that requires 200~260V output, please know that we can only supply it with Cooper IG8300 sockets that accepts American type NEMA sockets.  If you do not use power cables with NEMA type plugs, you won't be about to plug it into the AC outlets.

Price?

USD $330 plus shipping, custom voltage available at no additional costs.  Please understands that custom voltage will require 7 days of lead time before we can ship it out.  You may request step up or step down transformer that fits your need exactly.

Shipping charge (PT-111 weights about TWICE what DA-151/131.1/152 weights...):

North America/European/Russian regions: $75USD
Asia/Oceania regions: $50USD (Yes Aussies, Kiwis, that includes you guys.
Central/South America, Africa regions: $100 USD
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2008, 05:40 pm by Zyca »

jrebman

Re: KECES PT-111 300W Isolation Transformer.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2008, 04:04 pm »
Hi,

I can't see the pictures so can you tell me:

1) what the dimensions are?

2) How manyoutlets does it have?

I assume this will do a fine job of removing any DC from the house wiring?

Thanks,

Jim

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2008, 04:30 pm »
Hi,

I can't see the pictures so can you tell me:

1) what the dimensions are?

2) How manyoutlets does it have?

I assume this will do a fine job of removing any DC from the house wiring?

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Jim,

The dimension is 215 ×205 ×80mm (W*L*H), and it have two outlets.  Since it is a real isolation transformer, it will remove all DC from the house wiring. :)

Thanks

David

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2008, 04:47 pm »
David,

Cool.  I'll probably be ordering one in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Jim

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2008, 05:32 pm »
Does this transformer provide balanced power as well as isolation?

Russ

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2008, 05:46 pm »
Does this transformer provide balanced power as well as isolation?

Russ

Yes, it does.  It connects center tap to the ground pin with Live and Neutral hooked up to each end of the tap. :)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2008, 06:23 pm »
What would happen if I plugged it into another passive device?  I have a Audio Magic Stealth Mini Reference AC conditioner.  I would have to use the 500 watt monoblocks thru the Magic only.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2008, 12:14 am »
What would happen if I plugged it into another passive device?  I have a Audio Magic Stealth Mini Reference AC conditioner.  I would have to use the 500 watt monoblocks thru the Magic only.

It should work just fine, however, I would recommend not using them stacked like that as most conditioner and such are not exactly designed to be stacked with something else that also tries to condition/isolate line power.

Thanks

David

kbuzz3

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2008, 12:30 am »
Forgive the stupid question but what does this do and what is it for?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2008, 12:55 am »
Forgive the stupid question but what does this do and what is it for?

It isolates your equipment from grid power, and in doing so, it also filters out unwanted DC bias and high frequency noises/spikes on your mains.  That's basically what an isolation transformer does. :)

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #10 on: 15 Dec 2008, 02:00 pm »
Man it might just be cheaper and more efficient to get this fella instead of building one of my own. Bump, very nice product!

Anand.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2008, 01:19 pm »
Just a note, I'll see about updating the entire thing in a few hours, and post this to our ebay page as well (Ebay price is $345 to cover the ebay charge, AC price is still $330).

As the first batch of 9 units are here, I've decided that AC members will enjoy a slightly better deal if they decided to order PT-111 with our cables or KECES products.  Details will be posted soon.

Thanks! :)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2009, 07:20 pm »
Well here it is, a comparison of straight AC power Vs. PT-111 isolation transformer.  This is a simple loop-back test on our bench computer that we used to do RMAA tests, the card in question is EMU1212M.

You should be able to see the improvements in the performance figure. :)

Additional photos will be posted.

Enjoy.

roamling

« Reply #13 on: 12 Aug 2009, 09:24 am »
I am using the KECES DA-131 Mk2 for some days now. I really enjoy the open soundstage and the flow of the music. Makes me listen for hours on end  :thumb:

Would the KECES DA-131 Mk2 benefit from the Keces PT-111 and if so what excactly would be the areas of improvement?
I also would like to know if the Keces PT-111 can be custom built for 230V?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 12 Aug 2009, 09:41 am »
I am using the KECES DA-131 Mk2 for some days now. I really enjoy the open soundstage and the flow of the music. Makes me listen for hours on end  :thumb:

Would the KECES DA-131 Mk2 benefit from the Keces PT-111 and if so what excactly would be the areas of improvement?
I also would like to know if the Keces PT-111 can be custom built for 230V?

Hello,

It will provide cleaner sound (tho 131 is pretty darn clean already), and isolate your equipments from AC interferences like Air conditioner, washing machine, florescent lights and similar equipments.  You can also try it on other part of your equipments like source or amp, as which device benefits the most is up to you to try it out.  (As everyone know, all our home and setup is usually quite different.)

Thanks

David

roamling

« Reply #15 on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:16 pm »
currently i have my CD player connected to the PT 111. sound is a lot cleaner and less grainy.

I have a question:
can i have my amp connected at the same time as the CD player (analog and digital source at the same time). The amp draws about 2x100 W continous power.

thanks

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:10 pm »
currently i have my CD player connected to the PT 111. sound is a lot cleaner and less grainy.

I have a question:
can i have my amp connected at the same time as the CD player (analog and digital source at the same time). The amp draws about 2x100 W continous power.

thanks

Hello, I think it means 100Wx2 output power, with the efficiency of most amps, it means that it will draw way more than 200W when it is pumping out max power, and often does not need to be at max to draw more than the isolation transformer can handle.

I would recommend keeping power consuming amps off PT-111, but you can put DACs, pres, headphone amps, or moderately powered amp to it (for most class AB amps, 40W * 2 should be fine, for tube amps, you might need to measure the actual power consumption, as they often consume a lot more than solid state amps.)

Thanks

David

paba

« Reply #17 on: 6 Nov 2009, 08:59 pm »
Hello,

I'm giving some thought to getting one of these but I would like to hear more feedback from current users.
Initially, I would connect my sources (CD player and FM tuner) or my amps or all of the above depending on power requirements and what I measure as power consumption.

So if you have one can you share how your using it and what result do you get?

Thanks
Paba

roamling

« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2010, 09:52 am »
I am using the transformer for a while now. I want to add more than two components (all low power consumption). The question is, can I simply connect a 4 plug mains extension (without any extra filters) to one of the sockets in the PT-111 and draw the power for the components from the extension block or should I only use the two sockets provided in the unit for two components only?

Thanks

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2010, 10:04 am »
Hello,

Yes, you can do that, but please keep the total power consumption below 300W or you might blow the fuse on the PT-111.

Thanks

David