FS: Omega Hemptones - $500 plus shipping for audiocircle

genjamon

Hi all,

Up for sale are my Omega Hemptones.  These have been great for the last 8 months, a truly wonderful introduction to the Omega line.  I bought them with the intention of eventually moving up the line.  That time has come.

These were purchased from Canyoneagle, and you can read many of his posts over in the Omega circle.  They're a solid 8/10 on the Audiogon scale.  Some very minor scratches which I don't notice at all.  I'll try to post pictures soon.

Hemptones are the Compact Hemp model with the driver on the narrow face rather than the wide face as in the current Compact Hemp design.

Price: $700 plus shipping with money order.  Paypal adds 3%.

I have Audiogon and Ebay sales feedback under the same user name, and you can probably find my sales history here on Audiocircle by searching my previous posts.

Happy hunting! (speakers or deer, whatever your fancy:)
« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2009, 05:45 pm by genjamon »

genjamon

Re: FS: Omega Hemptones w/Stands
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2008, 02:18 am »
gonna have to email pictures, as I have no idea how to post them  :duh:

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2008, 02:49 am »
Different angles on both speakers.  Both grills are in fine shape, but all but one picture are without.

Very light scratch, couple inches long, but virtually invisible from more than a foot or two away.
« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2008, 05:02 pm by genjamon »

tojman

« Reply #3 on: 5 Dec 2008, 11:49 am »
Would you sell the stands only.

genjamon

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2008, 02:56 pm »
Only after I've sold the speakers separately.  Haven't worked out prices for selling separate, but if you're interested PM me.

genjamon

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:10 am »
bumpity bump

genjamon

« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2008, 05:21 pm »
Sat. morning bump.  Come on guys, buy them now and have them before the holidays  :thumb:

genjamon

« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2008, 06:32 pm »
sunday bump up to the heavens

genjamon

Re: FS: Omega Hemptones w/Stands - $750 plus shipping
« Reply #8 on: 8 Dec 2008, 01:41 am »
bump for price update

genjamon

posted on audiogon now, so price reduced for audiocircle members.  $700, plus shippinig, plus Paypal fees.  Save yourself the paypal and go with money order.

genjamon

BUMP!!!

genjamon

Still selling!!                 ? :scratch:

genjamon

Ok, this is ridiculous!  Couple nibbles, but come on guys - this is a no-brainer!  Great speakers at a VERY fair price ($200 less than I bought them for in May).  What the hell, maybe I'll just keep them for myself...

toobluvr

I know it is no consolation, but you are not alone.
I'm also having trouble selling stuff.
Tough economic times, and everyone wants something for nothin'.
Great time to be a buyer, though.

:roll:

Good Luck!

Alwayswantmore

Good Luck!
I recently sold several high end items. Very little activity from AC or Headfi. Most serious buyers came from Agon. Kent

genjamon

Thanks, guys.  Agon's been dry for me as well, but i guess patience is in order with fears about the future so dominant in the markets.

toobluvr

Good Luck!
I recently sold several high end items. Very little activity from AC or Headfi. Most serious buyers came from Agon. Kent

I currently have stuff FS on both AG and here.
The few nibbles I have gotten recently were from AG.   
In my experience, AG is always much more fertile ground (relatively speaking) regardless of economic conditions.

genjamon

True that, but QUALITY if the contacts made has always been superior over here on AC.  I've had a lot of wasted time over on Agon in the past with lowballers and potential swindlers (although I never understood how swindlers intend to get anything out of a seller - doesn't everyone else also wait until money is in hand before shipping?).

fiveoclockfriday

That is a great price! Someone snatch these up.

I bought my Super 5's for just 50$ less a few months back...I wonder if I could sell those and buy yours?

genjamon

Re: FS: Omega Hemptones - $500 plus shipping for audiocircle
« Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2009, 06:00 pm »
Ok, these are back up for sale now after 8 months.  They really are a lot of speaker for the money, and now there are so many great affordable amps coming out that mate really well with them, these would make a great starter set for someone getting into hi-fi, or for a second system, or a first system.  Hell, they're just good, and upgradable to the latest ferrite drivers through Louis at Omega.

Recession priced, but sans stands now.  I'll consider reasonable offers as well.

~Ben