Veracity HT2 of the Month/Week/Day

Rocket

Veracity HT2 of the Month/Week/Day
« on: 25 Oct 2008, 02:06 am »
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd start a gallery for veracity ht2 speaker owners.  This speaker doesn't seem to get as much publicity of the other's in Jim's range.  I don't know because it sounds great.

I'll start the ball rolling.

Veneer is african bosse pommele.

Regards

Rod
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 10:26 am by Rocket »

funkmonkey

Re: Veracity HT2 of the Month/Week/Day
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2008, 10:27 pm »
Those look great Rod.  I think the HT2 has actually been growing in popularity recently.  It seems to be a solid middle ground between the SongTowers, and the HT3, in both performance and price.  Hopefully some of the other owners will post some pic's of their HT2s, there have been some real beauties lately.

Cheers,
Funk

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2008, 11:45 am »
Make sure you guys state the veneer, and any special sauce you asked for.

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2008, 10:27 am »

Deleted double post.

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2008, 10:28 am »
Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion I updated the thread to indicate the veneer of the speakers.

Btw I think you'd be surprised of the sound quality of these speakers.  They use the phy ribbon and seas excel mid/bass as used in the ht3's.  I don't have a large listening room and the bass is quite sufficient for my needs.

Regards

Rod

robinje

« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:44 am »
I don't have a large listening room and the bass is quite sufficient for my needs.

I feel the same way about my SongTower RT's. 

Your speakers look VERY nice!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2008, 01:40 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion I updated the thread to indicate the veneer of the speakers.

Btw I think you'd be surprised of the sound quality of these speakers.  They use the phy ribbon and seas excel mid/bass as used in the ht3's.  I don't have a large listening room and the bass is quite sufficient for my needs.

Regards

Rod

Thanks for mentioning the bass response.   People generally think of Scan Speak when the subject of bass reach in a 7" driver comes up.  A Scan does have a little more power handling than the W18, but not much.  And when you put two W18's in parallel (which effectively halves the excursion demands on each woofer), you have a potent bass machine.  Just a note of clarification.  the HT2 uses the LCY ribbon (as does the SongTower RT), while the HT3 uses the Aurum Cantus G2 tweet. 

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:39 am »
Hi Dennis,

Woops I miss quoted the Lcy tweeter.  Indeed this tweeter does sound very good.

I tried to upload Fluke242's picture of his ht2's but I couldn't get it to work.

Regards

Rod

greenhouseman

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2008, 02:55 pm »
I truly love my 5.1 setup and find the bass to be just fine for most musical recordings. They are however a little short extension wise for home theatre. I will be back in Mich. next week where the speakers presently reside and hopefully will be able to post some images and review the system as i am bringing back some reference material with me. Maybe Jim will have a Song Sub for me to listen to and incorporate into my system to compare it against the MFW-15's

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2008, 03:10 pm »
I truly love my 5.1 setup and find the bass to be just fine for most musical recordings. They are however a little short extension wise for home theatre. I will be back in Mich. next week where the speakers presently reside and hopefully will be able to post some images and review the system as i am bringing back some reference material with me. Maybe Jim will have a Song Sub for me to listen to and incorporate into my system to compare it against the MFW-15's
I look forward to your impressions, especially if you spend some time with the SongSub. 

fluke242

« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:30 pm »
HT2
Pearl black with Australian lacewood stringers
 :drool:

fluke242

« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:45 pm »
Speaking of subs - I am more than pleased with the low end on the HT2 for my needs.  I would like try an ultra fast sub one day - but my HSU is just too slow in comparison (VTF2 MK2).  The HT2's are just so tight and fast on the low end.   :)

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2008, 01:40 am »
HT2

The first time I saw pics of those I almost cried!  :D  Seriously though, they are truly breathtaking! 

Rocket

« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2008, 10:35 am »
Hi Guys,

Fluke242's speakers are really breathtaking.

If there are any other ht2 owners please try to post a picture of your speaker.

Regards

Rod

greenhouseman

« Reply #14 on: 31 Oct 2008, 05:08 am »
HT2

The first time I saw pics of those I almost cried!  :D  Seriously though, they are truly breathtaking! 
[/qu

Saw this pair at the shop before they were shipped and they are to this date one of the best if not the the best looking set of speakers i have ever laid my eyes on including my own

Rocket

« Reply #15 on: 9 Nov 2008, 12:04 am »
Hi Guys,

We are getting spanked by the Songtower thread.  Any new HT2 owners please post pictures of your new speakers.

Regards

Rod

Rocket

« Reply #16 on: 6 Feb 2009, 10:46 am »
Hi,

Bump.  Surely there are more than 2 x HT2's owners in the world!  Any new owners are most welcome to join.

Regards

Rod

TJHUB

« Reply #17 on: 8 Feb 2009, 02:54 am »
Hi,

Bump.  Surely there are more than 2 x HT2's owners in the world!  Any new owners are most welcome to join.

Regards

Rod

4-6 more weeks and I'll post pics of my HT2's.  :D

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #18 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:41 pm »
Fluke, consider when you do the sub upgrade to replace your HSU with a JL F112 to match with those incredible looking speakers. It is the basis I judge all other subs I come across and have built thus far.

I think its taken far to long for me to join over here....    But I'm here....   

Terry, I look forward to the day I get to listen to your new HT2's...    I can't imagine they would be any less spectacular then the RT ST's....    Also, I can't wait to meet you at the end of the month for the Sub GTG....

Patrick

Nuance

« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb 2009, 05:21 am »
Nice to have you venture over here, warp.  The sub GTG is getting crazy big!  Speaking of big, it's gonna be BIG fun.   8)