New mini-monitor kit. The Neo-1

Danny Richie

New mini-monitor kit. The Neo-1
« on: 7 May 2008, 07:54 pm »
The Neo-1 is made available as a lower cost version of the other two new models, the Neo-1X and the Neo-2X. Both of those other models use the X series woofers. It uses the standard M-130 and new deep back cup Neo3pdr.

It is shown here in the smaller of the PE curved boxes.

The basic kit will be $289.

This includes the same 2" port that comes with our A/V-1 kit (not the flared port from PSP). It comes with Erse inductors, Lynk resistors, Erse poly caps, and Sonicap Gen.2 by-pass cap in the tweeter circuit. This also uses the GR Research standard binding post cups and NOT the vampire posts shown in the pic.

Upgrade options are as follows:

All Sonicaps throughout and Mills resistors, add $100.

Sonicaps and Mills resistors in the tweeter circuit only, plus a by-pass cap for the woofer circuit, add $75.

Vampire wire binding post (BP1.5 Hex) add $31.50 See more info on those here: http://vampirewire.com/pc-48-16-binding-postbrbp15hex.aspx

I may make the solid Copper Cardas binding posts available as well.

JPS Labs internal wire, add $42. More info here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=53822.0

1 sheet of No Rez add $38. This will cover a pair of small cabinets.

These speakers measured incredibly well especially in the off axis. Here are the crossover responses. Sensitivity is a little better with the standard M-130 woofer than the other to new models using the X series woofers.

On axis, 10, 20, 30, and 40 degrees off axis.

This one is truly exceptional. It is the vertical off axis measurements. Shown here is on tweeter axis, 6, 12, and 18 degrees above tweeter axis.

Spectral decay is really clean too.

And the impedance sweep.

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2008, 10:34 pm by Danny »

ttan98

Re: New mini-monitor kit. The Neo-1
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2008, 10:56 pm »
Danny,

As you know I have 4*M130(8ohm) and I am using them in an MTM config in an open baffle, I am uisng compression driver as tweeter, I am thinking of using Neo3.

questions please,

1. Does the neo3 being used with back cup removed as the MTM  operates as open baffle?
2. What would be the max spl of neo3 so as to work with MTM which operates close to 96dB?
3. what is the MAX x-over freq.(your x-over  above is at 1.7-1.8kH) I can use with M130 and Neo3?

thanks.

HT cOz

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2008, 03:49 pm »
Danny,

These look to be a little over 88db efficient 1w 1m, and don't seem to dip too much lower than 7ohm (6.5ohmish).  Of the three new kits, do you think these would be the most friendly with a push pull integrated 50 watt tube amp?

I can't wait for these kits to start showing up in the wild!!!  It may be a little time before I get my project off the ground. 

Audio Circle and your forum in particular is one of the coolest places on the net.  Your willingness to share, passion, and patience for all things audio is incredible to all of us enjoying this hobby.  Especially considering your continued and growing commercial success.

Thanks,
Robert

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2008, 04:12 pm »

Audio Circle and your forum in particular is one of the coolest places on the net.  Your willingness to share, passion, and patience for all things audio is incredible to all of us enjoying this hobby.  Especially considering your continued and growing commercial success.

I would like to 2nd that....

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2008, 05:18 pm »
Thanks for the kind words guys. I enjoy doing this and I am blessed to be able to make a living doing something that I really enjoy.

These look to be a little over 88db efficient 1w 1m, and don't seem to dip too much lower than 7ohm (6.5ohmish).  Of the three new kits, do you think these would be the most friendly with a push pull integrated 50 watt tube amp?

The short answer is yes.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2008, 10:10 pm »
This kit can now be purchased on line from our web site.

http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=115