Slim Devices open house - bay area

TomS

Slim Devices open house - bay area
« on: 9 Dec 2007, 12:09 am »
Just saw this on the slim site.  I have no affiliation with Logitech, but this seems like a nice event for those in the bay area.  Tom

Celebrate the holidays with the Logitech Squeezebox guys!
Logitech® Squeezebox™ Holiday Open House
Mountain View
Friday, December 14th
11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

To help with your holiday shopping, we're holding an open house for you to browse our wares, enjoy music and get into the holiday spirit!

Several rooms will be set up with to listen to the award winning Squeezebox and Transporter™ network music systems from Logitech. Enjoy holiday snacks and drinks while meeting the Squeezbox team - and score a deal on a product or two!

Open House Sale
Take advantage of our holiday open house! Save big on a Squeezebox or Transporter, and get a great gift for your loved one in time for the holidays. These special prices are available only at the event, so don’t miss out. When the open house is over, so is the sale.

• Refurbished Squeezebox 2 - $149.99 – Save $150! (Limited to stock on hand)
• Refurbished Squeezebox 3 - $199.99 – Save $100! (Limited to stock on hand)
• New Squeezebox 3 - $249.99 – Save $50!
• New Transporter - $1499.99 – Save $500!

Visa, MC and American Express accepted. Sorry no cash or checks.

Driving directions: http://www.slimdevices.com/au_directions.html

Happy Holidays from the Logitech Squeezebox team!
slimdevices.com

Papajin

Re: Slim Devices open house - bay area
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2007, 01:07 am »
Damn, too bad those deals aren't available elsewhere.  I'd have taken one of the refurbs!

mr_bill

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2007, 05:53 pm »
Is anyone going that could pick me up a silver Transporter? (I'm serious!)
I'll send the money and shipping dollars and a few bucks for gas and would really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Bill

randytsuch

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2007, 07:14 pm »
I would love a refurbed SB2 at that price.

Anybody going?

Randy

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2007, 07:35 pm »
(Limited to stock on hand)....the fine print.

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2007, 03:10 am »
Chris, some great looking audiophiles there..... :drool:

And...pretty tight squeeze for the squeezebox  :rotflmao:

mr_bill

« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2007, 11:41 pm »
Anyone going?
Bill

Don_S

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2007, 02:00 am »
On sale at their website $269 with free ground shipping.   I did not see an end date for the Christmas sale.

http://www.slimdevices.com/welcome_sb.html?ProspectID=26ECE84E85334FE7810FDC281FB32332
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2007, 02:18 am by Don_S »

GBB

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2007, 02:10 am »
Anyone going?

My office is about 10 minutes away from Slim Devices, so the thought had crossed my mind.  I already own a few squeezeboxes so it's not the highest priority for me.

A few comments:

I don't think they make silver transporters anymore - just black.

The deal on the new SB3 is good but not that much better than the sale offered on their website.

Refurbished products are cheap but you probably get the old style remote which isn't quite as nice as the one you get with the new ones. 

I know everyone is looking for a deal but I don't know how to help out.  I'm nervous about buying things on spec with the hope that I'll get paid down the road.  But I'm open to creative suggestions. 

---Gary

randytsuch

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2007, 03:40 am »
Anyone going?

My office is about 10 minutes away from Slim Devices, so the thought had crossed my mind.  I already own a few squeezeboxes so it's not the highest priority for me.

A few comments:

I don't think they make silver transporters anymore - just black.

The deal on the new SB3 is good but not that much better than the sale offered on their website.

Refurbished products are cheap but you probably get the old style remote which isn't quite as nice as the one you get with the new ones. 

I know everyone is looking for a deal but I don't know how to help out.  I'm nervous about buying things on spec with the hope that I'll get paid down the road.  But I'm open to creative suggestions. 

---Gary

Hi Gary
I wanted to pick up another SB2, as a spare.  They are getting very hard to find, and for $150 its a bargain.  SB2s are nice for custom DIY boxes, since you can get a longer cable, and remote the display from the main board.  I am building one up now like this, but I was thinking I might build a second some day.  And, it would be nice to have a backup, in case I screw something up with this current project.

Do you have a paypal account?

If you are willing, I would send you $200, to cover the price and tax, paypal fees, and shipping to me in LA.  Should be a few bucks left over to pay for your gas.  I'll send the money now, so you don't have to worry about whether you'll get paid or not.

If you can not get one, then you could just send me back the money, minus any paypal fees you had to pay.

BTW, I bet you could make a few bucks if you bought a bunch of SB2's, and sold them.  Not sure if it's worth the hassle though.

Randy