The Trading Post Guide - All buyers/sellers please read.

MaxCast

Welcome to the Trading Post at AudioCircle. 
Thank you for taking a minute to read this guide. 

The Trading Post is for regular members to buy and sell.  Members must have two approved posts in the general circles to be able to post, reply or contact members in the Trading Post.  The Trading Post is intended for one of, used,  personal items that you wish to sell. It is also wise to promote your item as best you can.  Here are some good ideas to help your sale:

Individual for sale items must list an asking price.  Listing the location or zip code is highly recommended.  A buyer may be right around the corner.  Plus a buyer can get an idea of shipping costs if he knows the location.  More.

In the subject line please use a title that accurately reflects the item for sale (no teasers or mystery attention getters).

Please update your item listing when it is sold by modifying the title of the original postDo not erase the ad.  Old ads help other sellers set a selling price.

Please do not provide just a link to auctions at other web sites.  A detailed ad here with a link is ok.

Posting a link to the manufacturers web site is very helpful.

Posting a link to a review is also helpful.  Please do not paste a copy the review here.  An excerpt is ok.

AudioCircle manufacturers can post any sales, deals, promotions in their respective Circles or Industry Ads.

Outside dealers/manufacturers may post any sales, deals, promotions in the Industry Ads.
The Industry Ads circle is for dealers that do not have a circle of their own but wish to inform browsers of their products/services for sale.  The Industry talk circle is where outside dealers/manufacturers may discuss their audio related products.  Please visit the rules and guidelines stickies in Rules 'n' Stuff

Keep replies to adds positive for the seller.  Posts like:  "what are you replacing it with,"  "this other component is better,"  "here is a better price," or "this products sucks" may be removed.  Sellers may contact me to remove any off topic or negative posts in their sales thread.  Negotiating should be done through private messages or email.  Discussions, comparisons, etc. between the for sale item and another should be handled through PM, email or the other circles.

Anything posted for sale here must be legal.  No burned CD-Rs of copyrighted material, no Hard Drives containing Wav.files, MP3, or any other type of music files that are copyrighted.  For reasons of liability we will err on the side of removing ads of questionable legality.

BUMPS
1.  Weekly bumps are permitted.
2.  Changes in pricing are a permitted bump at anytime.  No, one dollar reductions are not acceptable and will be considered a bump.
3.  Violations will result in the whole thread moved to the waste bin.
If you need to bump your ad perhaps you should consider lowering your price.

Lastly, buying and selling over the net has risk involved.  You may lose part or all of your investment.  Checking other web sites feedback and calling the seller is recommended.  AudioCircle will not be responsible for bad trades and sales.

If a transaction goes bad there is nothing AudioCircle can do.  Here are a few suggestions that you can do.
- Contact the police in the perpetrators city.  Certain dollar mounts may be considered a felony.
- Keep all information.  Emails, copies of checks, money orders, paypal records, tracking numbers, etc.
- File a complaint with the shipping company and the financial institution that handled the transaction.
- File a complaint with www.ic3.gov/
- Contact and file a complaint with the better business bureau in your and the sellers state.

Thanks for your cooperation,

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2013, 10:25 am by MaxCast »

MaxCast

Re: The Trading Post Guide - All buyers/sellers please read.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:05 pm »
Bumping this thread with new bumping rule  :icon_lol:

I have had numerous pms about bumping, therefore, I have changed the rule on bumping.
1.  weekly bumps are permitted.
2.  changes in pricing are a permitted bump at anytime.  No, one dollar reductions are not acceptable and will be considered a bump.
3.  Violations will result in the whole thread moved to the waste bin.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2010, 03:13 pm »
When an item is sold, the seller should be required to post a SOLD sign both on the listing page and in the thread.

To further clarify, please modify the Subject TITLE of the FIRST post (not just the subject title in your last "Sold" post).  The first post's subject title is the one that appears in all listing views.

The Subject Title conventions for "For Sale" listings are:

FS:  Brand Model etc., etc.

edited after being sold to

SOLD:  Brand Model etc., etc.

Steve

rpf

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2011, 03:50 pm »
Bumping the thread to say something is sold seems wasteful to put that item above others still in the selling mode.  I say to just change the header to SOLD as I always do and do not bump the ad.

Agreed.

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2011, 04:33 pm »
The suggestion to modify the Subject line or the message is fine as I do not think either bump the thread.
Please don't erase the last offering price as I feel the TP provides a resource for values of used gear.

I updated the second sentence to help distinguish the use of the TP and Industry Ads. The TP is for private, one of products and the IA circle is for products or services that may reoccur.  I do not want to distinguish when a hobby or friendly offering becomes a business or wonder when a price includes a profit or for how much.

kingdeezie

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2011, 02:40 am »
Hi - I have been off the circle for about 12 months and would like to post an item for sale, but the "post" button is not active at upper right.   Anyone give me some help?  Thanks

I believe you need to stick around for a little bit longer. I think you need to reach a minimum number of posts before you can start a new topic. This limits SPAM and such.

Welcome to AC!  :thumb:

jtwrace

« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2011, 12:01 am »
Please update your item listing when it is sold by modifying the title of the post.                                 

I just wanted to remind everyone of this.  There has been a lot of posting a new reply with "SOLD" when that is NOT needed. 

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2011, 11:40 am »
update bump

MaxCast

« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2011, 07:05 pm »
minor update bump.

mingo

« Reply #9 on: 6 Nov 2011, 03:45 pm »
Individual for sale items should list an asking price, as well as, the location of the item.

A question has come up in a recent amp posting: is inclusion of asking price and location a suggestion or requirement? Clarification needed please.

decal

« Reply #10 on: 6 Nov 2011, 08:17 pm »
Why would you not want to include this info if you were selling something? Just curious. :scratch:

MaxCast

« Reply #11 on: 6 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm »
A selling price should be obvious. A location is optional  but recommended.

wilsynet

« Reply #12 on: 7 Nov 2011, 03:48 am »
A selling price should be obvious. A location is optional  but recommended.

If this is the case, then the guideline should read:

"Individual for sale items must list an asking price, and may optionally include the location of the item."

That's not the way I read the guideline today and don't agree with the interpretation.  There's a big difference between "should" and "must".

wilsynet

« Reply #13 on: 7 Nov 2011, 03:49 am »
Why would you not want to include this info if you were selling something? Just curious. :scratch:

You might be fishing around for a price, not sure how much to ask.  Personally, I think such an approach is silly, but hey, it's a free country.

wilsynet

« Reply #14 on: 7 Nov 2011, 04:55 pm »
MaxCast, the original guidelines as you posted way back in 2003 read "Individual for sale items should list an asking price, as well as, the location of the item."

You've now provided clarification:  "A selling price should be obvious. A location is optional but recommended."

I agree that you are implying that an asking price is not optional, but could you re-state the requirement using must instead of should?  The original guidelines use the word should which is the cause of the ambiguity in the first place, and then the requirement is re-stated using the same word again.

Getting to the real point of all of this: Are you saying that For Sale posts which ask for people to suggest a price without stating a price up front are forbidden?

MaxCast

« Reply #15 on: 7 Nov 2011, 08:44 pm »
fixed  :D

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • primeVibe Seasons String Instruments
« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2013, 01:09 am »
Can I post here my personal not-for-profit Hypex amps for sale?

Secondarily, can the last Super Bowl please start over?   

Tx! 

jarcher

« Reply #17 on: 23 Mar 2013, 12:22 am »
I wish folks wouldn't delete their asking price or offers from their sold listings - this helps to give an idea what the market price might be for something you want even if it's not currently up for sale.  I don't really understand why people feel the need to delete the price information when they sell.......and I guess there's not much that can be done to stop the practice.  But just thought I'd whine about it anyway......

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • primeVibe Seasons String Instruments
« Reply #18 on: 23 Mar 2013, 12:24 am »
I wish folks wouldn't delete their asking price or offers from their sold listings - this helps to give an idea what the market price might be for something you want even if it's not currently up for sale.  I don't really understand why people feel the need to delete the price information when they sell.......and I guess there's not much that can be done to stop the practice.  But just thought I'd whine about it anyway......

+1

Funny thing about prices: they can stay level (seldom), fall (normal case), and sometimes increase (almost never).  Case on the last point: for the longest time BMW late 60s-early 70s R series were available in the $1500 range.  Now reliable source says they are in the $5k-10k range.  Go figure. Should have kept my old Windjammer SS fairing-equipped R90/6.  No matter how hard I rang that thing's neck I couldn't get under 50mpg.  Gearing was insanely high, 90mph like being parked, especially behind the barn-sized 'jammer.  Roll on power on that bike was exceptionally good.  I think the intake noise was louder than the exhaust, by good margin.

Tail trunk = excellent wheelies/bad handling.     

opaceo

« Reply #19 on: 30 Oct 2013, 05:47 am »
Trying to connect to a member who has indicated he has a pair of speakers for sale. When I click on the members name I receive a message stating I do not have permission to access that area. Not sure what I need to do to obtain authority to contact the member. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bill

Featured