For Sale or Trade: Ellis Audio 1801b speakers REDUCED

Figo

After a long period of hesitation, I am listing my beautiful pair of Ellis 1801b speakers.  I just can't justify keeping them when I won't be able to use them until I graduate from UMD.  I just don't have the space to do them justice.  :( :( :(

They are built from the kit with a professionally made ($$$) cabinet.  They are a stunning birdseye maple in a natural finish - I would call the finish a honey/natural look.  The front baffle is solid hardwood birdseye maple and the cabinet is built completely to Dave's specifications.  These cost a ton and are the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen.  They look 100% production and professional.  The finish is flawless. 

They also come with an unused set of black grills.

I would prefer a local sale because they are big, heavy, and expensive.  I don't want to damage the finish.

DC/MD/NOVA - I am located in Ellicott City, MD 21042.  45 minutes from the district and 20 minutes from Baltimore.  I can also meet within a reasonable distance, just ask.

I'm asking $950 for the pair, INCLUDING the nice paradigm sand-filled stands they sit on.  These are heavy, attractive, and sound great.

I would also be willing to trade for Headphone gear (Stax Omega 2 etc.), or source equipment.  No speaker stuff :(

Pictures:   The Flash makes the cabinets lighter than they really are.  They are not quite so white as the pics appear (more a honey color)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1142

:thumb:
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2007, 03:14 pm by Figo »

TomW16

Re: For Sale or Trade: Ellis Audio 1801b speakers
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2007, 03:31 am »
Really nice speakers.  I hope that they find a good home.

Cheers,
Tom

Figo

Re: For Sale or Trade: Ellis Audio 1801b speakers REDUCED
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2007, 03:15 pm »
reduced to $950

meckanik

Re: For Sale or Trade: Ellis Audio 1801b speakers REDUCED
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2007, 03:51 am »
Sold! Thanks James.

-Jeff