FS: Omega Revolutions in Maple/Italian Red Gloss ** Sold **

jrebman

Selling my 7 month old pair of Omega Revolutions finished in a
two-tone Quartered Maple and Italian Red Gloss finish, and with full driver mods by Planet10- HiFi -- meaning additional basket damping, felt pad on magnet for backwave absorbtion, and of course the solid maple CNC machined, permanently mounted phase plugs.  I don't know how much the padding and damping added to the overall sonic picture, but the phase plugs are great and widen the sweet spot and smoothe out the mids even more.  Placement and height aren't as critical with the phase plugs either.

The maple blocks are sale pending to an AC member so now I'm selling the speakers alone.  You'll need to get a set of 10" high stands (or ask Louis if he'll ship you the original ones I returned to him, which will null the credit towards the hemp drivers he offered me, and which I assume won't be transferrable.  Whatever happens with this is between you and Louis.

Note: The Revolution is currently not in production, but will be
re-introduced later this year with a custom hemp cone driver and called
the Hemp Revolution.  Owners of current Revolutions will be able to
upgrade to the hemp drivers, which will be drop-in replacements that
can be done without shipping the speakers back to Omega.

I have all original boxes and packing material and the speakers are in excellent, like new condition with the exception of some very tiny scratches on the bottom -- front corners and rear center -- where the Mapleshade feet were.  The veneer is pretty tough so the scratching is absolutely minimal.

I'm offering this to AC members for the remainder of this week, then will make the same changes on agon after that.  Just to be fair, I want to let you know there have been a lot of inquiries through agon that wanted to buy the speakers alone, so if you're even remotely interested, let me know.  This is not a pressure tactic, but rather to give AC members first shot at my final price... which is $1650 plus shipping (no paypal fees).

Thanks for looking,

Jim
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2007, 07:53 pm by jrebman »

gooberdude

Re: FS: Omega Revolutions w/custom Maple/Brass stands
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2007, 03:48 pm »
 aa

Most boxed speakers would benefit the same from those mapleshade mounts.  A heck of deal...

jrebman

Matt,

Thanks.  I tooka leap of faith that this would result in enough of an improvement to justify the extra cost, and while I realize this value will vary from one person to another, I'm very glad I did it.

-- Jim

jrebman

Bump, and check new pricing structure and unbundling of pieces.

Thanks,

Jim

gooberdude

Not long ago i had 2 difft sets of Mapleshade's 4" thick speaker stands, one set for floorstanders and the other for monitors (Ultra bedrocks).    Both literally transformed the performance of the speakers...  I'm used to what their vibe draining schemes do to gear/components, how they affect speakers is just awesome.  It seems like the more something vibrates, the more their mounts work. 

Buying the whole set-up in one shot is a great thing too...its a real PITA to buy the mounts and some footers, then realize more ($) is needed to complete 'the picture'.

you're offering a great deal....    It seems from reading info on the net that the Omega speakers benefit from proper mounts.   speaker mounts don't get much more perfect, or effective, than what you have assembled IMO.

jrebman

Bump, and see updated info and pricing.

Somebody's going to get a great deal.

-- Jim

jrebman

Ok, now we're back to having the maple blocks available again.  $250 for the blocks alone, $1850 for the speakers and maple -- plus shipping 40 pounds each for the speakers, 50 pounds for the maple blocks.
FYI, the blocks are 12" x 17" x 4" and have 4 M6 threads -- one in each corner located 1-1/4" from the edges, and weigh abut 22 pounds each.  Selling as a pair only.  Any spikes will work, and blocks of maple, ebony, mertylwood, etc. will work just dandy between stand and speakers.

Will update price on agon on Wednesday.

Thanks,

Jim

jrebman

Ok, will be updating agon listing shortly.

I'm open to offers from AC members, but please be reasonable -- I need to clear this gear out to cover some unexpected expenses and with a wedding coming up in 3 weeks, the pressure is on.

Thanks,

Jim

jrebman

Speakers and maple blocks sol.

thanks guys,

Jim