New invention!! Surround sound in one encloseure.

wade4916

New invention!! Surround sound in one encloseure.
« on: 20 Mar 2007, 01:47 am »
This is a new invention. Please check out the detail at www.psychoacousticsolution.com. We like your coment on this product. 5.1 surround sound with one enclosure only. For coment, email me at wwong@psychoacousticsolution.com.

srb

Re: New invention!! Surround sound in one encloseure.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2007, 03:12 am »
I probably shouldn't touch this, but....

1.  You're a manufacturer - this belongs in Industry ads.

2.  Spelling: "enclosure", not encloseure / "Comment", not coment (twice!)

3.  The worst Flash presentation I have ever seen.  Seriously.

4.  Quote: "We like your coment on this product".  What product?  Where?

Wade4916: The AudioCircle crowd is a knowledgable one.  You would be wise not to come in here unprepared!

Steve

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2007, 04:11 am »
The Flash intro is pretty horrible but it also had me laughing trying to read it! I was only able to read one or two words before it faded/jumped to the next description. Maybe it's supposed to be subliminal.:o

srb

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2007, 04:42 am »
Then again, maybe I am being put on?  There are a few AudioCircle-ites who like to post under alias accounts and take us for a ride!

I just figured with the domain and website (as bad as it is), that it still seemed a little too elaborate for a joke.

Quote from: Tweaker
Maybe it's supposed to be subliminal.
Or maybe PSYCHOacousticsolution's plan is to drive you INSANE!

I'll have to see how I feel in the morning. aa

Steve

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2007, 11:36 am »
Wow, that's seriously bad and gaudy at the same time - not to mention unreadable and unlistenable. 

Bryan

boead

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2007, 12:28 pm »
We don’t make the speakers; we make the speakers sound better.

How original, you write that yourself?

srb

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2007, 01:32 pm »
Like I said, come into this audio cyber-realm well prepared - and wear full body armor!

Steve

RooX

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2007, 01:38 pm »
i dont know what your selling... but I'LL TAKE 10!!!

we should be nicer, he's offering us a chance to buy... something.. get in on the ground floor i say!

Occam

« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2007, 02:25 pm »
Folks - cut the man some slack.......
Admittedly, the website implementation might not be ideal, and the responses seem to echo that. But this has little to do with the efficacy of the technology. Has anyone bothered to pull the referenced patents? let alone comment on them, or ask questions?

Wade,

I'd suggest you explore the possibility of making a demo loaner unit available to one, or more of the regional audio groups hosted by AudioCircle, like the NYRave, Dallas-Ft. Worth, St. Louis, etc.... so folks can actually evaluate what you have to offer.

FWIW,
Paul

csero

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2007, 03:39 pm »
Folks - cut the man some slack.......
Admittedly, the website implementation might not be ideal, and the responses seem to echo that. But this has little to do with the efficacy of the technology. Has anyone bothered to pull the referenced patents? let alone comment on them, or ask questions?

Yes I did. I haven't seen any real binaural or crosstalk elimination ideas in them just the same old stereo matrix. IMHO you can not "extract" ambience info from a stereo recording. Once the 3D audio field is folded into 2 scalar channel, ambience is pretty much lost in the mix and can not be separated or reconstructed. Just like in the old joke:
"To designate a smoking area in a bar is like to have a pee-in part in a pool."

srb

« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2007, 05:07 pm »
I'll say it again.  I don't see any "product".

Now I'll ask a question.

"What is / where is the "product"?

Steve

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2007, 03:04 pm »
Something else: I'm not sure the claim he's making about being the first with a single enclosure surround system are true. Yamaha has been marketing their YSP Digital Surround Projector for a couple of years now and it really is a single enclosure surround sound speaker system, with small built-in digital amps powering each driver. I think similar systems are available for a couple of other manufacturers and Yamaha may not even be the first.

I don't see any real difference between what Wade is claiming as a "New invention!" and what Yamaha already has on the market.

wade4916

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2007, 10:57 pm »
I dropped in this morning and is 8 months too late. Thanks for the comments. I will be more carefully on my spelling and grammer. Too bad there is no spell checker here. I knew that the web site is horrible. I am taking step to improve the web site. I would like some of your members who live in San Francisco area especailly Dan Driscell to hear our new audio technologies. We are located in San Francisco area. If anyone interested to hear the the 5.1 effect processor, amplifier and the single enclosure speaker system, please email me at wwong@psychoacousticsolution.com and I'll try to arrange a demo at our office before we go to CES. If not, hope to meet you guys at the CES show. I need more feedbacks on these technologies before we go to CES in January.. We have no product to sell at this point. We are going to license these technologies. To clarify the misunderstanding of our 3 new technologies, I would like to explain our technologies here. First, Our single enclosure speaker system is different with other manufacturer especially Yamaha. The closest product (point source speaker) that is similiar to ours is also invented by my partner (Francis Allen Miller). You can check all his inventions at the PTO office web site. All his patented # can be found in our web site under the inventor page. Secondly, Our 5.1 surround sound processor can converted 5.1 channels or more channels into left and right channels. Listener can hear 5.1 surround sound with a pair of speakers or a pair of regular headphones. The demo in our web site is strictly to demonstrate the 5.1 effect and it is not use to demontrate the quality or the volume of the audio. The 5.1 surround sound effect is best when listening with a pair of headphones. Thirdly, our new amplifier is totally different with the traditional amplifier. Since the last time I posted in this forum, I have put in new infomation in our web site. It is still not complete. Please go there and hopefully you can get more information about our new technologies.

wade4916

« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2007, 11:02 pm »
Sorry. I found the spell checker but too late. I found there is many bad spelling here. I promise to check it before I post again next time.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #14 on: 13 Nov 2007, 12:13 am »
Thanks for coming back (thru the flames) and offering up more info. This is nothing I personally would be interested in but I'm always interested in reading about new technologies and even experiencing them. Hopefully you'll be offering up pictures and even more data for us in the near future?

Cheers,
Robin

guest1632

« Reply #15 on: 13 Nov 2007, 08:27 pm »
I'll say it again.  I don't see any "product".

Now I'll ask a question.

"What is / where is the "product"?

Steve

Hey Steve,

Go to the website, and click on product.

Ray

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #16 on: 13 Nov 2007, 08:46 pm »
We don’t make the speakers; we make the speakers sound better.

Isn't that BASF's tag line??