av-1rs or other options?

spaceman

av-1rs or other options?
« on: 1 Feb 2007, 05:36 am »
Hello All,

I am in need of some advice from the experts out there.  I currently am running AV-3's as my front sound stage and am getting the itch to upgrade my commercial surrounds in a 6.1 set up.  I typically listen to multi-channel for 50% movies and 50% concert DVD's and the like.  With this type of usage would you recommend 3 AV1-RS's, 3 AV-1's, 2 AV-1RS and 1 rear center AV-1/AV-3S, or another option?  Thank you for your replies.

Loftprojection

Re: av-1rs or other options?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2007, 12:16 pm »
Can't speak for sound quality or comparison with A/V-1 but I can tell you that I really like everything about my A/V-1rs.  Placement is so easy and unobtrusive, looks is great, I placed them on the back wall painted the same color and finally sound is fine as far as compared to what I had before, NHT1.1 speakers.

You've certainly seen others on photos who have done the same as me but here is a photo of my temporary setup.  I still need to fix the wires properly and fill the holes left by the previous speaker setup...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=729&pos=2

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2007, 12:45 pm »
Here is my setup with 4 AV1-RS's painted the same as the wall color.  They are ideal for this room configuration where the couch is against the back wall close to the rear speakers.  They fire upward in a very diffuse way which is great.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=849

Tom

Blaine_M

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2007, 05:40 pm »
I would have to say if your room supports them, I think I'd go with the GR surounds as the previous two have suggested.  If for some reason you can't hang a speaker on the wall or have some other reason not to do it, then maybe do another pair of AV/3 or a pair of AV/1.  All the speakers in that series will blend together just fine...or, I forgot about the new one with the woofers pointing up...that would be an option as well depending on your room.  I'd say either the on wall surrounds or the new omni AV series speaker.