Need help with RAW HT2 Review!

audioferret

Need help with RAW HT2 Review!
« on: 5 Dec 2006, 05:54 pm »
I just received word from Al Wooley of Raw Acoustics that the demo pair of burned-in HT2s is on the way!  I intend to review these speakers in anticipation of building a 5.1 set for home theater. 

I live in Louisville, CO and would like to invite local Audio Circle folks to attend and discuss their impressions.  I would also like to do comparisons of the speakers with any others folks would like to bring.  I have a few different aread to listen in: a small, sound treated basement theater, a vaulted ceiling family room, and others.  There is plenty of room to set up other systems if folks would like to create different environments. 

The intent of the demo is to show folks what can be done at the economy level for those on a budget.  I recently built a pair of Raw HT3s and a pair of CSS FR125 monitors.  The FR bookshelf monitors replaced my floorstanders in my theater...these are quite good.

Anyone interested?  I would still like to conduct a test of the HiFi Tuning Fuses in my CIAudio Setup for anyone interested (I need another VAC Amp to make it happen right...)

-AF

audioferret

Re: Need help with RAW HT2 Review!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2006, 04:42 am »
They're Here!
Well the HT2s are here. I have already warmed them up for the last 14 hours and they are sounding really pretty.

In regards to an audition, anyone who would like to come by is still invited. I am still considering this weekend, but I am looking at the weekend of the 23rd as well (yes, I know...kids)

Is anyone available for Saturday or Sunday?

Sunday works best for me.

-AF

audioferret

Re: Need help with RAW HT2 Review!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2006, 03:57 am »
HT2s are sounding EXCELLENT!  Very nice load for the
amps.  The Morpheus Rescue Scene from the Matrix and
Balin's tomb scene from Lord of the Rings were the
demo runs from last night.  Peter Gabriel, Fleetwood
Mac, and various jazz collections are also helping
demonstrate the capabilities of these babys.  I can't
get over how well the seams on your veneer match up
between the tops and sides.  I am definitely building
a 5-channel set of these, I just don't think I am
going to get spousal approval this year...