Snakes on a Plane?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Snakes on a Plane?
« on: 20 Aug 2006, 08:24 pm »
C'mon, has anyone seen it yet?  I'm anxious to catch it but the theater in Watertown sucks, and I don't have time to drive to SF to see it for a couple weeks.  Surely Brian has seen it! :)

2bigears

Re: Snakes on a Plane?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2006, 08:27 pm »
what's it about?????    [hollyweed is runnin' out of ideas fast] :D

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2006, 08:47 pm »
Haven't seen it but was at Blockbuster last night and saw a movie called "Snakes on a Train."  Apparently there are snakes everywhere so watch out. Unbelievable, what's next:

"Snakes in a car" 
"Snakes on a bus"
"Snakes on a boat"
"Snakes on a Motorcycle"
"Snakes on a Bike"
"Snakes in my pants"
and so on...

I wasn't aware that the movie was out yet but I am surely going to see it...could be a B-movie classic.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2006, 09:00 pm »
I'm impressed with the effect the 'net had on the film.  Early leaks/hype actually forced the studio to reshoot and add footage to the film to give it an R rating & to satisfy fans of Jackson't typical film personna (ie more swearing and Jackson one-liners).  The movie looks very tongue in cheek and absurd, which is to say right up my alley. :lol:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2006, 10:01 pm »
 I'll wait for it to come out on video. The problem with today's movies is that you get all the best action parts in the previews. There is realy not much left to see after these 1 minute action packed previews except for the plot and even that leaves a lot to be desired.

kfr01

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2006, 10:05 pm »
I hope it is not a success.  I'd hate other movie companies to get the idea that putting out mindless dribble is "the strategy" du jour.  On the other hand, maybe if it is wildly successful, every major movie studio will release movies like it and the concept will wear out its welcome.

gitarretyp

« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2006, 10:11 pm »
I saw the movie last night. It was much better than i expected. It was still a B movie through and through, but it was purposefully funny and accidentally funny in many places. It's the first thrilledy i've seen. I'd highly recommend catching it in a crowded theater.

Haven't seen it but was at Blockbuster last night and saw a movie called "Snakes on a Train."  Apparently there are snakes everywhere so watch out. Unbelievable, what's next:

"Snakes in a car" 
"Snakes on a bus"
"Snakes on a boat"
"Snakes on a Motorcycle"
"Snakes on a Bike"
"Snakes in my pants"
and so on...

I wasn't aware that the movie was out yet but I am surely going to see it...could be a B-movie classic.

For lots more blanks on a blank, check out what a local theater has done Alamodrafthouse and some of the movies Top Entries.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2006, 10:33 pm by gitarretyp »

gitarretyp

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2006, 10:14 pm »
I hope it is not a success.  I'd hate other movie companies to get the idea that putting out mindless dribble is "the strategy" du jour.  On the other hand, maybe if it is wildly successful, every major movie studio will release movies like it and the concept will wear out its welcome.

While i don't want to see this sort of movie become the norm, i admire the studio's honesty in the absurdity of the film (though it was at the behest of the blogosphere). I'd rather see studios rid themselves of the pretense they attempt to apply to B movies to pass them off as real films.

kfr01

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2006, 10:55 pm »
I'd rather see studios rid themselves of the pretense they attempt to apply to B movies to pass them off as real films.

Heh, good point.  :)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2006, 11:48 pm »
Creating a truly good bad movie is an art form, one I hold in higher esteem than the repackaging of the same old pretentious cliches Hollywood seems so obsessed with.  Snakes on a Plane is the kind of movie that probably would be fun to watch in a crowded theater but I probably won't have the chance.  But when it comes out on DVD, me & the guys will probably get a big kick out of the double feature of it & My Super Ex-Girlfriend! :green: