Revelation MR-1 in Studio Finish

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« on: 19 Nov 2005, 12:03 am »
Folks,

Here's a picture of the Revelation in our new Studio Finish.  We think they look pretty nice.  A pair of these guys go for $9,995.00 M.S.R.P. (less any discount programs).  For that price you get them just as this one looks here.  That includes the new Excel drivers (as shown), Sonicaps in the crossover and Cardas Binding Posts and wiring to the tweeter.  Oh yeah, we also use one of the best "no lead' silver solders for audio use - but that's standard in all of our products.  

This guy here is trimmed in real Mahogany.  We chose that because it augments the copper phase-plugs in the woofers real nice.  If you'd rather have something else though, just let us know.  There's no extra cost unless it's something exotic.  Oh yeah, the "outriggers" do not need to be used if you don't want.  The spikes can be installed in the same inserts that are used to mount the outriggers, thereby making them essentially invisible.

-Bob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 12:10 am »
Damn it Bob! You just had to show that picture, didn't you. How 'bout the Continuum 2.5 in a studio finish????   Talk to me.

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2005, 04:40 pm »
Bill,

Of course the Continuum 2.5's are available in the Studio Finish, as is the rest of the product line.  The whole purpose of developing this finish was to provide both cost conscious recording engineers and audiophiles the level of performance offerd by our products, at the most modest price possible.  

Since finishing costs of fine furniture products often represent as much as 50% of their final price, if one can lower that cost it can have a major impact on the final price to the consumer.  Everyone should remember that our products are all built here in the USA and our prices reflect that.  We certainly don't have the cost advantage of $2.00/day labor rates as companies sourcing their enclosures from China.  The day may come when we're forced to play that same game, but then that will be just another incidence of exporting our domestic prosperity.  

I take no small amount of pride knowing that we're helping a couple of young Americans make ends meet by providing them with a source of income.  Everyone that purchases our products can take pride in doing the same.  I don't believe that's a trivial thing.

-Bob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2005, 02:41 pm »
I take no small amount of pride knowing that we're helping a couple of young Americans make ends meet by providing them with a source of income. Everyone that purchases our products can take pride in doing the same. I don't believe that's a trivial thing.

Amen to that Bob.

I think you will actually find more and more US companies coming back home for manufacturing. The quality control just cannot be beat here in the States. I would rather pay a bit more for a US based product knowing there is a "Made in USA" sticker on the back.

Don't go overseas and "cheapen" your product.

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2005, 11:46 am »
USA!!!