Usher speaker clearance - AC member pricing

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 30 Jan 2005, 10:59 pm »
The following speakers are the last of whats left in the US from the distributor. I will have no more availability after these last few pieces are gone. I grabbed all that was left. Finsih is only what is seen in the picture and appears to be real wood veneer!! All speakers are new but have been removed from their boxes to check to make sure they are 100%.

USHER LOUDSPEAKERS

* V-9801 2-way,  2 pair avail. (far right)
* V-9803 2-way,  3 pair avail. (middle)
* V-9845 3-way,  1 pair avail. (far left)
Note that these speakers are larger than they appear in the picture. The V-9845 is almost 2 feet tall (22 inches)

The little speaker sitting atop these speakers is the little S-520 and not part of the clearance. We do have a few pair of the S-520 in Gloss Black coming in.

V-9801-$375 selling - $325
V-9803-$475 Selling - $425
V-9845-$575 Selling - $525
AC Members deduct $50 from selling price. Shipping is NOT included in pricing.

randog

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2005, 04:26 pm »
Bill, do you have any comments on the sound from these speaks?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2005, 04:33 pm »
Okay, here is my persoanl take on them.
  Compared to something along the lines of the 719, I would say they have a similar sense of body and texture sound but not quite as extended in the highs. All the information is there and the bass is a bit deeper but not as articulate.
 I find them to be a very good speaker for the money (less than half the cost of any X-Seeries) but not quite up to the X series standards.
 I don't have my S-520s in yet so I can compare to these.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2005, 03:15 am »
All the V-9803s are gone. Still have one pair of the V-9845 and 2 pair of 9801. I thought the V-9845 would be the first to go?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2005, 02:35 am »
Bill, do you have any comments on the sound from these speaks?

I want to add a few more comments to this. After spending some time with these speakers. My mind keeps going back to many of the vintage speakers I have had around. I find them to rmind me of my Dynaco A-25s and other vintage Marantz speakers I have but with a bit more of the modern traits we look for.
 The do image much better and have more in terms of inner detail and resolution. They do have afull bodied presentation to them and obviously not as "dry" as many of todays "high end" speakers. I wish I still had some of my vintage amps around to hook these up to as I have been receiving emails from others that own these speakers and have them running in vintage systems. I guess you could say they have more of that vintage appearance also?
 I am running a pair of V-9845s with my custom 40 watt 805 amp (driven by a custom Jolida JD100 and ModWright linestage) and the sound is heavenly!!

ZooDog

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2005, 09:01 pm »
Out of curiosity, what do those S-520's go for?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2005, 09:19 pm »
The S-520 in Gloss finish are $375 pr.