What did you get at the 2017 show?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
What did you get at the 2017 show?
« on: 10 Oct 2017, 03:33 pm »
Attendance was way down.  By Sunday afternoon, every exhibitor were tired and facing the dreaded packing.  The time was ripe for bargaining.

I made a deal for an item I wasn't even in the market for.  I did my groundwork the previous days and went by Sunday as they started packing.   I wanted a part of a static display but not  the whole thing.  I negotiated to a price point lower than I could have anticipated before the show and made a deal.

What did I get?
TT-2

I have never had a linear tracking arm.  I am excited to try it out and that in itself is a win.  After so many years, not many things make me drool.  :drool:

What did you get?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: What did you get at the 2017 show?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2017, 03:47 pm »
Mosly music.

ISO Mike Robert Silbermans 7 sacd set. 

Negotiations are in work for the equipment.  Not at the show to demo.

Denverhifi

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2017, 03:55 pm »
A Benchmark ABH2 amp.  Even though this amp was on my very short list, I had planned on a new moving coil as my next piece.  After speaking with Rory at the show, I took advantage of the show special. 10% discount if ordered by Wednesday evening.  The 30 day trial will be compared to my First Watt F6.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2017, 04:55 pm »
A t-shirt that says "I Stole This T-Shirt From Zu Audio".  It was free :thumb:

One other thing I got was a visit from Rim to check out my system and maybe a way in to appreciate opera (something I've been trying to do for years).  So thank you Rim!  I also learned that you really, really, really need to have the recording in DSD.  Opera in DSD sounded amazing.  Opera in 24/96 or 24/192 sounded fatiguing.  At least to me, and on my system. 

So thanks Rim!! 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2017, 06:21 pm »
You are quite welcome.  The pleasure was mine.  Tyson makes the third person whose house I went to listen during my RMAF visits.  Jason (Pez) and Mike (mgalusha) were the others.  I enjoy these visits as I learn a lot from these guys.  It's one thing to listen to manufacturer's and dealer's ensembles at the show; it's quite another to hear well put together personal systems.  I mean, they spoke with their wallets and I am hearing the result and we get to talk about the reasons for their choices.  Thanks guys for letting me into your houses.

P.S.  The blu-ray Ring is on the way.

sandbagger

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2017, 07:22 pm »
I took my new to me CIEM to the show to have the guys at Empire Ears reshell them for me :)