Spatial M4 Triode Master - New Product Announcement

Spatial Audio

Spatial M4 Triode Master - New Product Announcement
« on: 17 Sep 2017, 10:10 pm »
The Triode Master version of the Spatial M4 is now in production. Its really a jewel and has all the sonic attributes of the M3 Triode in a smaller package, that is optimal for smaller listening rooms. The high efficiency, twin 12 inch design incorporates an easy electrical load and the same premium compression driver from the M3 Triode, operating in point source dipole. Wired with Duelund throughout and uses Clarity Caps in the crossover. It sounds far beyond anything you would expect at $2995 pr. Available in Red, White and Black colors. Let me know if you have any questions. The speaker is now available for order on our website.

Lose the box,

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

who?me?

Re: Spatial M4 Triode Master - New Product Announcement
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2017, 08:46 pm »
Hi Clayton
If the 12" cones on the M4 Triodes are made for "smaller rooms" than the 15" M3 Triodes,
then what would be the approximate difference in terms of room size for each?

Or what would be the approximate division in room size be for the 2 different models? (in terms of dimensions, square footage, OR  volume-cubed feet) for the two?
E.g., would you say that the M4Ts would be appropriate for a room smaller than 15'X15'?
And that otherwise, the M3Ts would be appropriate for a room larger than 15'x15'?

15x15=225 ft squared.
 Or are we measuring room size with ceiling height included? And this calculating room size in volume rather than square feet.

Clayton, what are the parameters for deciding if the M3s or M4s are best for a particular room size?
Thx

jpm

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2017, 08:56 pm »
Clayton, what are the parameters for deciding if the M3s or M4s are best for a particular room size?
Thx

Commentary on minimum suggested distance from boundary walls would be helpful as well.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2017, 04:08 pm »
In rooms where the width is less than 12 ft, I would use the M4. Larger rooms - the M3. I recommend the closest distance to the side wall to be 1 ft. and 3ft from the wall behind the speaker. You can fudge these distances and experiment, but that is the guideline. Its best to call me at 435-640-1294 to discuss the room specifics.

Clayton Shaw
SPATIAL AUDIO
www.spatialaudio.us