Journey of my DAC 10

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
Re: Journey of my DAC 10
« Reply #60 on: 3 Nov 2017, 08:48 am »
Hi All,
Just connected the st-10 to the dac-10, must say my biggest fear, (harshness and brightness), is ABSENT, what a relief. It's just a touch edgy, if you know what I mean. But it's doing a good job now, thanks to Mr. Jye, the dealer for running it in for me. He has clocked about 50 hours, which normally will take me months. Let's give it more time and see if it improves. Thanks to all that encouraged me on.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #61 on: 3 Nov 2017, 03:44 pm »
Just connected the st-10 to the dac-10, must say my biggest fear, (harshness and brightness), is ABSENT, what a relief. It's just a touch edgy, if you know what I mean. But it's doing a good job now, thanks to Mr. Jye, the dealer for running it in for me. He has clocked about 50 hours, which normally will take me months. Let's give it more time and see if it improves. Thanks to all that encouraged me on.

Only 50 hours? It will improve. Did your dealer cycle it on and off, or did he acquire those hours by simply leaving it on? I still think you would be much better served by disregarding this notion of cycling it on and off. The technology in Class D amps is radically different from that of traditional designs. New technology shouldn't be bound by old ideas. Why hamper yourself as such?

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
« Reply #62 on: 10 Nov 2017, 04:58 am »
Hi All,
Yes, it's improving. I like the volume control, wven at very low volume, I do not feel that there is bit strip. It allows me to listen near fueld at around 60spl, amazed.

In the other hand, I am disappointed as I realised the screws on the remote already had rust on it. It's only 4 months, what else will rust??? I hope it would not be like cancer, spreading the rust to the internals. Also hope the dac's and amp's casing are made of better material or better treated to withstand the rage of nature.

yotzee

« Reply #63 on: 10 Nov 2017, 08:02 am »
Hi All.

I had more than 5days brake in on my DAC-9 every day different inputs was used. Than it was huge different to out of the box.
I have no experience with Class-D amps, but i will run it for a week before i start to listen to it realy.
ST-9 could be an interesting Amp, i would give a try against my Krell (20 years old)...

« Reply #64 on: 10 Nov 2017, 02:36 pm »
Hi All,
Yes, it's improving. I like the volume control, wven at very low volume, I do not feel that there is bit strip. It allows me to listen near fueld at around 60spl, amazed.

In the other hand, I am disappointed as I realised the screws on the remote already had rust on it. It's only 4 months, what else will rust??? I hope it would not be like cancer, spreading the rust to the internals. Also hope the dac's and amp's casing are made of better material or better treated to withstand the rage of nature.
Rust is indeed a cancer. It will spread unless you neutralize it. Of course, if the case is non-ferrous it will stop with the screws themselves. But nobody wants even a little rust, even a little rust on some little screws. If you live in a humid climate you should have a tub of Naval jelly and a bottle of cold blue solution in your fluids cabinet in your garage to deal with minor rust issues before they become major.

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 10 Nov 2017, 03:43 pm »
Hi All,

DAC-10 remote is a limited production piece (the octagonal shape) and we will not do that again. It is a unique remote where the design came from NuForce remote. Due to its uniqueness, the remote was made in a few hundred quantity and stored for a LONG TIME :).  Only the remote was stored for a long time.  Ask Edge-Fi to request for extra new screws for the remote the next time he order something from the factory.

Keep in mind that other material used do not rust - chassis is made of aluminium.