Bryston WiFi Dongle Accessory Kit

BigGeek

Re: Bryston WiFi Dongle Accessory Kit
« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2017, 11:26 pm »
currently i believe only the wifi usb dongle has made it onto the price list and i believe James is correct, it is $80.  The internal version for the BDP-3 should be available shortly, parts list has been finalized and stock should arrive sometime in December.  Im not sure why the internal storage options arn't listed yet, as far as I am aware we have a small stock of each storage option and is likely just making its way through the paper work.

Chris

No Idea yet about release date for the "WiFongle"?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 27 Nov 2017, 04:34 am »
The USB dongle, you should just be able to go into any bryston dealer and order one.  If they are unaware of what it is, they should be able to contact us directly for pricing and info.  The internal wifi option, I'm not sure exactly when it'll be available or how much it'll be.

BigGeek

« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2017, 06:02 pm »
I talked with a more knowledgeable guy at Audio Advisor and ordered one of these. Works well.

Much harder to get it going than the instructions would suggest. Mostly because I had to do a global restore and reboot on the BDP before I could see the Bryston Digital Player site show up on my iPad's list of available networks. Until I figured that out, I tried different ports, unplugging everything else USB related from the BDP, a Windows machine and other Apple machines, ... . A real pain.

Also there seems to be another reboot needed after you set up the BDP to use your home network. When you hit 'apply' after picking your home network and putting in the password,  a reboot automatically happens. However I am still not able to see the BDP from my iPad because the BDP is in limbo between it's own network and the home network details that you just put in. It keeps showing a message about wrong password and it is stuck. I found that manually triggering another reboot sorts everything and then you are off and running.

Works well after that.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 5 Dec 2017, 08:01 pm »
I talked with a more knowledgeable guy at Audio Advisor and ordered one of these. Works well.

Much harder to get it going than the instructions would suggest. Mostly because I had to do a global restore and reboot on the BDP before I could see the Bryston Digital Player site show up on my iPad's list of available networks. Until I figured that out, I tried different ports, unplugging everything else USB related from the BDP, a Windows machine and other Apple machines, ... . A real pain.

Also there seems to be another reboot needed after you set up the BDP to use your home network. When you hit 'apply' after picking your home network and putting in the password,  a reboot automatically happens. However I am still not able to see the BDP from my iPad because the BDP is in limbo between it's own network and the home network details that you just put in. It keeps showing a message about wrong password and it is stuck. I found that manually triggering another reboot sorts everything and then you are off and running.

Works well after that.

Hi

Thanks for the feedback - do you feel we should expand on the instructions?

james